Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Bulletin Board > Need authors to participate in virtual book fair

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abbie (last edited Jan 13, 2016 06:49AM) (new)

Abbie (acauthors) Hi everyone! Sorry if this is in the wrong section. My name is Abbie, and I've decided to try and host a Facebook event that's a virtual book fair. Basically, for two weeks, I will advertise books to readers that are SPECIFICALLY looking to discover new authors and books! Now I'm only in the beginning stages. I want at least 50 authors to agree to participate to get the ball rolling. In addition- I'm looking for authors who are willing to donate a printed copy of their book as a giveaway during the event. It's not necessary, but giveaways will hopefully help draw a crowd.

If you are interested, please email me at abbie.edmonds@gmail.com

Thank you so much!

**Update!- the response has been overwhelming!! Thank you all for getting in touch with me! Submissions are still open for all genres, but I definitely need more of the following genres: nonfiction, poetry, and children's books.

***Update! I've officially closed submissions for Romance, Horror, Thriller, YA, Science Fiction, and Children's books. I'm still accepting non-fiction, LGBT, mystery, paranormal, fantasy, and miscellaneous. All submissions will be closed at the first of the year.

*****Thank you everyone for contacting me! Submissions are now closed! If this is successful, I'll do another one this summer!

Want to support us? RSVP for the event now and share it!
https://www.facebook.com/events/92756...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I sent you an email as well. Does it matter that I don't have a Facebook account?

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) Samantha wrote: "I sent you an email as well. Does it matter that I don't have a Facebook account?"

Hi Samantha! It does not! I'll still provide information to your personal website if readers want to connect with you. Having a facebook page makes it easier- but it's not a requirement!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome :)

message 6: by Casey (new)

Casey Lehman | 29 comments I'll go for it.

message 7: by Monika (new)

Monika Pahuja (monika_pahuja) | 10 comments Great Thought!

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Bradley (goodreadscomanna_bradley) | 28 comments I'm interested, Abbie. I sent an email!

message 9: by Ju (new)

Ju Ephraime (juephraime) | 96 comments 50 printed books, hmmmm!

message 10: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) Ju wrote: "50 printed books, hmmmm!"

Haha- no!! I'm looking for at least 50 authors to participate in a virtual book fair! The event will take place on facebook where readers can check out author pages and their books. As far as giveaways go, I'm still working out the kinks. Mailing print books out of the country is expensive, so I'll have to figure out that and work out e-book giveaways. I had only planned on doing one give away a day (so only 14 total), but I'm getting a lot of feedback of people willing to do giveaways, so we'll see. I hope that clears up some misunderstanding. I'm not just collecting books from authors!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

I have emailed you also Abbie :)

message 12: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hausmann | 182 comments Hi Abbie, just sent you an email.

Thank you for the opportunity, Gisela

message 13: by Scott (new)

Scott Nagele | 3 comments Just sent you an email. Thanks.

message 14: by James (new)

James (jameshalat) | 88 comments Also just sent an email!

message 15: by Scarlett (new)

Scarlett Dijk (ScarlyRose) | 17 comments Email sent

message 16: by Samyah (new)

Samyah Leighton (samleighton) | 7 comments Hi Abbie just sent you an email.

message 17: by David (new)

David Videcette Hi Abbie, What is the Facebook page called? How many fans or likes do you have? I'd love to come and have a look at your promotion work. Friend me. I'm at www.facebook.com/davidvidecette

message 18: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa99) | 466 comments Hi Abbie! I have also sent you an email.

message 19: by Philip (new)

Philip McClennan | 14 comments I will send you an email shortly Abbie

message 20: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wylie (wyles77) | 6 comments Hi Abbie,
count me in, please - just emailed you. My FB author page is
https://www.facebook.com/wyles77writes/
Thanks!
Lisa

message 21: by Seth (new)

Seth Kupchick (goodreadscomseth_kupchick) | 5 comments Love the idea of a virtual book fair, and sent my email. Now for some virtual sleep.

message 22: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) David wrote: "Hi Abbie, What is the Facebook page called? How many fans or likes do you have? I'd love to come and have a look at your promotion work. Friend me. I'm at www.facebook.com/davidvidecette"

Hi David. I don't have a promotion page. I just have an author page for my own novel (a little over 200 likes) plus some other social media set-ups (a blog, twitter, tumblr, and instagram). The bookfair would be under my personal facebook page (abbie edmonds), and it will be an open event. So the more people invite their friends and family, the more people we will reach). I need a way to reach more people without paying hundreds of dollars in marketing, and I thought an event with multiple books would be the best way to go. So why not invite a bunch of other authors to join me?

message 23: by R. (new)

R. Matthias | 1 comments Great idea, I'll send you an email in a second, Abbie.

message 24: by Winifred (new)

Winifred Williams | 2 comments Hi Abbie, I am very interested in this idea. I am trying to promote my children's books. As well as giveaways will you be doing reciprocal linking to author's pages? My facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Spiderlings/ Let me know when you will be launching it and I will promote to my personal facebook and twitter contacts too. Very exciting, great idea. :-)

message 25: by Lee (new)

Lee Brailsford | 1 comments Great idea, I'm new at all this, but keen to get involved. My facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Stepping-out.... Good luck.

message 26: by David (new)

David Videcette Hi Abbie,

Thanks for your reply. You wrote:

"The bookfair would be under my personal facebook page (abbie edmonds),"

Can you give us a link to that? There are a good number of Abbie Edmonds on Facebook and I don't know which one you are.

You wrote: "It will be an open event. So the more people invite their friends and family, the more people we will reach."

Rather than getting people to email you - you would be better to ask them on here to connect with you directly on Facebook. Having done similar marketing in the past myself, I would suggest that you push your Facebook reach up through these posts in the run up to organising your giveaways and setting dates.

message 27: by Winifred (new)

Winifred Williams | 2 comments There are a good number of Abbie Edmonds on ..."

I agree with Daivd, I can't seem to find the right Abbie either.

Would be a good idea for us all to connect on facebook.

All the best.

message 28: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) David wrote: "Hi Abbie,

Thanks for your reply. You wrote:

"The bookfair would be under my personal facebook page (abbie edmonds),"

Can you give us a link to that? There are a good number of Abbie Edmonds on ..."

Hi David! I'm just collecting book information right now on my email. It's far easier for me to stay organized between which author has sent me information and which authors have just inquired for more information on my email. I tried it through facebook a few days days ago and it kind of crash my messenger app. Once I get all of my authors set up- I'll send a link to the event :) From the amount of author submissions I'm getting- that will probably be soon!!!

message 29: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Miller (lindsaymariemiller) | 13 comments Just sent you an email. I'd be happy to participate in the Virtual Book Fair and donate eBook copies of all 3 of my novels.

Thanks,
Lindsay

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Girardin | 43 comments Hi Abbie,
I've also sent you an email about my books
The French De Ception A Moriston House Mystery (A Lord Hugo Anstead Mystery Book 1) by Jennifer Girardin The Uncertainty Principle (Moriston House Mystery #2) by Jennifer A. Girardin The Altered Suggestion by Jennifer A. Girardin The Monday Criminologist A Moriston House Mystery by Jennifer A. Girardin , and am able to donate Kindle Ebooks for The French De Cetion, as well as a couple of promotional bookmarks from the champagne collection by Moriston House.

Best Regards,
Jennifer

message 31: by Marco (new)

Marco Marek (marcomarek) | 56 comments good idea Abbie,
i'm sending an email too ;)

message 32: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Rice (RJRICEB2S) | 2 comments This is a great idea unfortunately I can't participate yet as I believe it would break my kdp select as my non-fiction books are still in the 90 day period. I hope it works out well and will be looking for more in the future.

message 33: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) R.J. wrote: "This is a great idea unfortunately I can't participate yet as I believe it would break my kdp select as my non-fiction books are still in the 90 day period. I hope it works out well and will be loo..."

Hi R.J.! I'm not sure what you agreements states, but this is just a Facebook event. I'm showcasing people's books during the event, and if they choose to buy, they'll do so from the URL you provide (in this case, amazon). This of it as marketing and advertising!

message 34: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (acauthors) Original post has been edited to include updated information and the event link!! Check it out now!!

message 35: by Mark (new)

Mark Decker (marksdecker) | 8 comments Abbie,

This is a great idea. I just sent you an email.

message 36: by Pierre (new)

Pierre D (pierred) | 10 comments I am an author with a Historical Fantasy novel I wish to share. May I sign up for this Virtual Book Fair? I will send a formal email, Abbie. This looks exciting. Thanks in advance.

message 37: by Laura (new)

Laura Berlin | 19 comments Hi Abbie! I'd love to participate . I just sent you an email. I have a book of poetry for you . Wonderful idea!
Best,
Laura

message 38: by M.R. (new)

M.R. Graham (mrgraham) | 21 comments This sounds fab, Abbie! I've emailed you. Paranormal and poetry, if you're allowing multiple genres.