What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Child kidnapped and taken to lab for cosmetics testing

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Goldman | 5 comments This is a pretty messed up book and I originally thought it was linked to Harry and the Wrinklies but it isn't. Because I thought it was linked to that, I would guess that I read it between the years 2002-2005, as that's when I read Harry. I think that this is a children's book (which is creepy).

A character who is a child (99% sure a boy) is kidnapped and taken to a lab where animal testing is done for cosmetics, so there was a rabbit that was having shampoo put in its eyes to see if the shampoo would hurt it so that it could be modified to not hurt humans.

This boy was taken to the lab for tests to then be run on him, such as covering him in shampoo or cream to see if it burned or something like that. Pretty grim.

I unfortunately can't remember more than that. Assistance in remembering the name is welcome!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Any pictures? Style of illustrations?

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Goldman | 5 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "Any pictures? Style of illustrations?"

I unfortunately can't remember any

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Who Says Animals Don't Have Rights? (also published as Seven For A Secret) by Jean Ure?

"Penny is a very self-assured, and certainly knows her own mind, but she doesn't bargain on being kidnapped by an animal rights group. Blindfolded and bound, Penny has little to do but think, and soon starts questioning her own fixed ideas about animal testing."

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
Katie, was the book mentioned by Kris your book? It does sound similar.

message 6: by Sue (last edited Mar 22, 2016 04:39PM) (new)

Sue Elleker | 783 comments The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer? The boy wasn't kidnapped, but was from an orphanage, where the orphans were used for testing.

message 7: by Kris (new)

The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer for Sue's suggestion.

message 8: by Kiran (new)

Kiran Shah | 3 comments The switch by Anthony Horowitz . I read it before its good :)

message 9: by Kris (new)

The Switch by Anthony Horowitz for Kiran's suggestion.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Kate wrote: "Katie, was the book mentioned by Kris your book? It does sound similar."

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.