Horror Aficionados discussion

Authors > Start at the beginning

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adam (new)

Adam | 8 comments So who are your favourite authors. Horror/Sci-Fi/GoreHound/Mystery etc etc

The best stuff that has scared you, made you cringe and stayed with you over the years..

WHO WROTE IT?

message 2: by Sonya (new)

Sonya marie madden | 756 comments Stephen King and the shining

message 3: by Jeff (new)

Jeff Bleed by Ed Kurtz
Just one of the first gory, horror stories I read, and I loved it.

message 4: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10683 comments Mod
my favorite is anne rice. the last book that I read that scared me was the ritual The Ritual. there is a scene in the book where the guys find shelter & one of them sees something in the house. I seriously had to put the book away because I was reading right before bedtime. I did not need to be reading that before bed! Ambrose Bierce- I read An Occurance At Owl Creek Bridge in high school and he has stayed with me years later. I absolutely love him!

message 5: by GracieKat (new)

GracieKat | 195 comments Dracula was my first horror book. I realized i had the abridged version and went looking for the good one. After that it was Stephen King, mostly the short stories since i was only ten and most of the sex in them is ruined down. My mom gave them to me, lol. Blood and guys and monsters were fine but sex, no.

The first book that scared me was The Shining when i was 13. I remember i was in the couch and realized i would have to cross a very dark living room and halfway to get to bed. I said nope and slept in the couch. With the light on.

message 6: by Kenneth (last edited Dec 19, 2015 09:24AM) (new)

Kenneth McKinley | 1515 comments Mod
Night Crawlers Night Crawlers by Robert McCammon by Robert McCammon. Read it when I was in high school and the creepy atmosphere and visuals are still as strong after repeated re-reads, all these years, as they were way back then.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric Compton (goodreadscomdenimandletters) | 54 comments I would have to say 'It' from King. Just the opening chapter with Georgie and his boat...terrifying still to this day!