AAPLD Reads discussion

General > What are you currently reading?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (last edited Dec 07, 2015 09:18AM) (new)

Kristen (biblioflicka) | 1 comments Mod
I just finished The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend and am currently listening to A Window Opens. Both are books featuring bookish protagonists. Should also appeal to those who also enjoyed The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald A Window Opens by Elisabeth Egan The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin

message 2: by Diane (new)

Diane Strzelecki | 2 comments I just finished All the Light We Cannot See and Case Histories. I am now reading One Good Turn because I love detective Jackson Brodie and want to see what he's up to.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments Mod
Almost done with Cinder and listening to The Nature of the Beast.

message 4: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyjt) | 1 comments I just finished the charming cozy mystery The Twelve Clues of Christmas, and am starting My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem and Dept. of Speculation, the latter being on one of the best of 2015 lists.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 2 comments Mod
Finished Cinder yesterday - I was not warned it ends on a cliffhanger!! Placed a hold on the ecopy of Scarlet so I can keep going with that.

Finished The Assassin's Blade this morning. This is the collection of short stories set before the Throne of Glass series begins and it was hard for me to get through because I know it doesn't end well, but I finally made it.

While I'm waiting for that next Lunar Chronicles book I've started Dumplin' in print. I also have an egalley of Passenger to read because Alexandra Bracken is coming to visit Jacobs High School on Jan. 12. Susan Dennard is also coming, but I haven't been able to find an advanced copy of Truthwitch yet.

message 6: by Diane (new)

Diane Strzelecki | 2 comments Finished One Good Turn, tried and failed at All the Single Ladies but honestly can't relate to the Southern belles and Frank's voice. Loved Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear so much: talk about a refreshing take on personal creativity -- exactly what I needed to read! Just finished Over the Top and Back: The Autobiography which engaged me despite my not being a rabid Tom Jones fan. He's authentic and a great witness to the changing cultures from the 50s through today.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Griffin | 13 comments Mod
Hi Diane,
I have not read One Good Turn, but it looks good! I will have to add it! Big Magic was one of our book club picks this year for Stranger Than Fiction, and it was very popular! I just finished Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey, and I am now reading Anxious People by Frederik Backman, and I am liking both--have you read anything new lately?