A Christmas Carol A Christmas Carol question

Regular readers- What is it that differentiates them from non-readers
Naura Naura (last edited Dec 07, 2015 02:52AM ) Dec 07, 2015 02:52AM
Hey people!

I wonder what is it that is different in people who are regular book readers as compared to non-readers; more specifically, people who read FICTION .

Studies have found regular readers to be more empathetic and more Emotionally-intelligent....What other characteristics do you think are influenced in people who read books regularly?

Part of it is reading speed. Those who read slowly tend to not like to read as much (reading more would help that).

Also, nonreaders tend to not be able to visualize what they are reading. Nonreaders tend to prefer movies so someone else can show them what the author is describing.

Naura So true! I hadn't quite focused on that point, thank you :) But I was looking for some other feature that hasn't been studied so far...If any one can ...more
Dec 15, 2015 04:16AM
deleted user Actually, I researched the underlying articles. The research began at least a couple of years ago, and has continued in various forms. There seemed to ...more
Dec 18, 2015 06:39AM

What's wrong with fiction?

Iris (last edited Dec 16, 2015 06:19AM ) Dec 16, 2015 06:12AM   0 votes
I think attention span/patience also plays a part in this. With modern technology and instant gratification, the time it takes to read a book just seems long to some. They see a 500 page book and think of how long it will take to finish as opposed to how much they will enjoy the story within. Reading was more common in the past because it was largely the only form of entertainment they had.