Mount TBR 2016 discussion

Level 1: Pike's Peak (12 Books) > Bruce is in, grappling hooks at the ready!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Right. I'm in for 12 books. If I can't manage one book a month I'm in trouble!

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (aramsamsam) Good luck, Bruce! Have fun.

message 3: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Here's my proposed list, with one spot empty so I can make at least one choice on the trot:
Hester and Harriet by Hilary Spiers
The Art of Purring by David Michie
Bad Day for Voodoo by Jeff Strand
Tigers on the Beach by Doug MacLeod
The D'evil Diaries by Tatum Flynn
The Riverman by Aaron Slarmer
Grounded by Kate Klise
Oddest of All by Bruce Coville
Lockwood and Co: The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud
The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
The Guest Cat by Takashi Haraida

message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev | 715 comments Mod
Good luck, Bruce!

message 5: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Bev wrote: "Good luck, Bruce!"
Thanks! I'll need it :D

message 6: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (janeycanuck) | 39 comments Good luck Bruce - I read Elegance of the Hedgehog a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I hope you do, too!

message 7: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Colleen wrote: "Good luck Bruce - I read Elegance of the Hedgehog a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I hope you do, too!"
Thanks! I've had a couple of recommendations from people to read it, so I'm finally going to get around to it :D

message 8: by Bev (new)

Bev | 715 comments Mod
Bruce wrote: "Colleen wrote: "Good luck Bruce - I read Elegance of the Hedgehog a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I hope you do, too!"
Thanks! I've had a couple of recommendations from people to read it, so..."

Elegance of the Hedgehog is a great book!

message 9: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Right! That's The D'Evil Diaries finished - onto Lockwood and Co!

message 10: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Lockwood & Co done and dusted. I'm loving getting back into print books, I must say.

Next I think will be Elegance of the Hedgehog,

message 11: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gargoyle (thebookshelfgargoyle) | 8 comments Right, I've now knocked over all of the ones off this list, with the exception of The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which I didn't end up finishing. Hopefully I can make it 15 by year's end!

message 12: by Bev (new)

Bev | 715 comments Mod
Bruce wrote: "Right, I've now knocked over all of the ones off this list, with the exception of The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which I didn't end up finishing. Hopefully I can make it 15 by year's end!"

Congratulations! If you made it through a fair amount of Hedgehog and don't plan on returning to it, you can still count it as being knocked off the mountain.