The Readers discussion

Episode Discussions > ep 141; The weirdest episode ever?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (thomasathogglestock) | 251 comments Just now listening to the late-arriving episode 141 and I hope you all didn't fall asleep during our wander through the bookstore. There are some bits here and there that are interesting, but wow, not sure we will do that again. If you make it to minute 36 it gets more interesting when we get to the discussion about our dream bookstores.

Dioni (Bookie Mee) (dioni) | 4 comments I didn't catch the name of Simon's dream bookstore, only that it's in Derbyshire. Can someone tell me please?

message 3: by Thomas (new)

Thomas (thomasathogglestock) | 251 comments I'm pretty sure it is Scarthin Books in Matlock.

Dioni (Bookie Mee) (dioni) | 4 comments Thanks Thomas! Might try to find a time to visit one of these days :)

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Brown (khbrown) | 19 comments Thomas,
I heard you mention Jo Ann Beard as you were making your way through the alphabet at Politics and Prose. I somehow missed reading her until just a few months ago. So impressed with her writing.

message 6: by Simon (new)

Simon (savidgereads) | 449 comments Mod
Weirdest ever? How rude. I've heard from several people that they enjoyed it very much. So there.

message 7: by Winter (new)

Winter (wren99) | 12 comments I really enjoyed this episode! Not boring at all. I felt like I was there with you. You gave me so many great ideas for books and you mentioned a lot of names I didn't recognize. Thanks! I'd like to listen to more outings in the future. :)

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate | 51 comments I listen to you guys while I am in the car (as well as several other podcasts). I thought this episode was interesting, although I missed parts while you were whispering. Definitely not the weirdest episode I have listened to. I always wish I could write while driving when you mention titles. Invariably I try to remember certain titles you mention, but I wind up forgetting them. Arghhh....

message 9: by Janet (new)

Janet (justjanet) | 27 comments Kate wrote: "I listen to you guys while I am in the car (as well as several other podcasts). I thought this episode was interesting, although I missed parts while you were whispering. Definitely not the weirdes..."

I agree with Kate....don't mean to add to your workload but it would be really nice if you list the titles you mention in each episode in the show notes ( because I need help adding to my TBR....ha!)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 1 comments Scarthin Books is in Cromford, a few miles down the A6 from Matlock. I have just got in from spending lots of money there, funny I should see this.