Reads With Friends discussion

The Bronze Horseman > 12/7 MON || 1-58 (The Field of Mars)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (bookworm1987) | 344 comments Mod
So far I'm really unexpectedly enjoying this huge novel. Thankfully I'm reading it on my nook so I don't have a huge book to lug around. I didn't expect Tatiana and Alexander to meet so early in the story. I also definitely didn't expect for him to have already known the sister. I wonder what will happen to the family.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) | 7 comments I just finished today's reading and wow I'm already impressed! The writing style is so beautiful I have a feeling this one will be a favorite!

message 4: by Lu (new)

Lu | 2 comments Just finished today's reading. If it's not 3 in the morning I really want to continue the story! I feel Alexander is a bit mysterious.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

I am so far loving this book... I know it's being made into a movie. So far I'm not sure how it's going to be made into a movie. But even though she's a little old for the role I can totally picture Nina Dobrev as Tatiana. Maybe Liam Hemsworth for Alexander?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris (xokristim) | 7 comments ahhh that would be an amazing cast selection!!

Lauren wrote: "I am so far loving this book... I know it's being made into a movie. So far I'm not sure how it's going to be made into a movie. But even though she's a little old for the role I can totally pictur..."

message 7: by Lu (new)

Lu | 2 comments Nina is going to play Tatiana?!?!?!?!?!

Lauren wrote: "I am so far loving this book... I know it's being made into a movie. So far I'm not sure how it's going to be made into a movie. But even though she's a little old for the role I can totally pictur..."

message 8: by Lauren (new)

I don't think she's attached but I just think she'd be perfect for the role.

message 9: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Reading on my kindle so it's hard to figure out the page numbers but I did finally finish this section. I'm enjoying the story so far with only a few annoyances like the names and towns which always stump me as I read word for word. I was surprised about him already knowing the sister. Another thing that annoys me that authors do often is when they use many different knick names for the one character. That confuses me. Will read on.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

The nicknames are traditional in Russian culture. One of my best friends is Russian and we sometimes call her Anna Ana and Aneska.

message 11: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Sounds like 3 people to me and it drives me bonkers. So confusing when you are reading. Too bad this book doesn't have audio.

Shannon (kitchandpages) (leaninglights) | 713 comments Mod
GUYS. I have not forgotten about you! I got caught up reading The Well of Ascension and I'm just about to finish it! This is my next big book!! lol

message 13: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 316 comments Glad you will be joining us. I'm a bit behind only up to wed portion. It's a dense read for me so it's taking me a little longer to get through.