The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Last Kingdom (The Saxon Stories, #1)
This topic is about The Last Kingdom
Saxon Stories > TLK: Part 2 (Chapters 7-9)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6374 comments Mod
Section 2

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 2 (Chapters 7-9).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section is fine.

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Everyone skipped this section. It's crazy how much smaller this section is than on the show.

I love Leofric. Alfred is a devious asshole. Using everyone as pawns..

Suzanne | 1582 comments Yeah when I first met Alfred I thought he was just kind of a one-dimensional religious zealot, and pretty stupid. But turns out he is not!

Suzanne | 1582 comments The gifting of the helmet and armor was pretty clever. I like Leofric too. And the priest that begins with a W.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not to mention conning him to marry into extreme debt.

Suzanne | 1582 comments Yes! I was going to mention that, but I couldn't remember for sure what section it was in. And makes sense Alfred would do that, since it is debt to the church.

message 7: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat | 1177 comments Definitely a clever move from his point of view.

Sumant | 522 comments Alfred is definitely more than first is shown to us, Leofric is right when he explains to Uthred that he knows how to use his pieces on the board.

message 9: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Picked up this book? Cool. It's a great series so far. We need to get back to it at some point..

Sumant | 522 comments Rob wrote: "Picked up this book? Cool. It's a great series so far. We need to get back to it at some point.."

Yep only last 2 hours on my audio book left.

message 11: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat | 1177 comments I'm one book behind, so let's not get to it right now :p

message 12: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 4 stars

Heh.