Continent Read-a-thon discussion

December > Share your thoughts

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jasmin (new)

Jasmin (thebookjazz) | 35 comments Mod
I'm currently reading Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's cute.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (ofbooksandtrees) Currently reading Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3) by Gail Carriger , really liking it so far!
(not reading this specifically for the read-a-thon, but it is written by an american author)

message 3: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (ofbooksandtrees) finished Blameless really enjoyed it, 4 stars
tried reading Watchmen, but didn't liek ti at all so ended up DNFing abour halfway in.
currently reading Yes Please, so far I'm really enjoying it. exactly what I as in the mood for!

not too sure i'll be reading the planned books (The Color Purple & I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings) I do realyl want to read those at some point, but I'm jus tnot in the mood for them right now..

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (ofbooksandtrees) Ooops, sorry for all the typo's

message 5: by Terry (new)

Terry | 26 comments Nicole wrote: "finished Blameless really enjoyed it, 4 stars
tried reading Watchmen, but didn't liek ti at all so ended up DNFing abour halfway in.
currently reading [book:Yes Please|..."

Yeah I felt the same about Watchmen. I felt it was good until the final third, when I felt it lost its way structurally and sort of splintered apart.

message 6: by Terry (new)

Terry | 26 comments I read A Conspiracy of Paper. It is a very well researched historical novel. The author attempts to duplicate the writing style of novels of that era. At first this results in dialogue that is too arch, but gradually the author gains better control over his writing and creates a very enjoyable version of 19th century London, especially its underworld.