What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vampire romance - H let h believe he died a year ago rather than let her know he was turned [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Stewart | 2 comments Looking for a series - 2, possibly 3 books or more. I read the first about 15 years ago, but it was from a used book store, so it may have been published much further back.

In the first book the H saves the h from some thugs in a parking lot. She is surprised/upset because they were engaged, but she believed he died a year ago. The truth was he was turned into a vampire, and didn't want to bring her into the life or was forbidden from contacting her? He has been secretly watching over her for the past year. H now lives in an estate with a family of vampires.

I remember there were a number of rival clans of vampires with a powerful leader in each one. The H and his fellow vampires were frustrated that their leader would never leave the estate to help them fight off their enemies. The reason WHY he never leaves the estate was addressed in the second or third book.

The setting was urban U.S., but I can't recall what city/state. It was a modern book, not historical.

Thank you!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34379 comments Mod
Watchers in the Night by Jenna Black?

Felicia, can you tell us more about the heroine - her job, background, personality, etc.?

message 3: by Felicia (new)

Felicia Stewart | 2 comments SOLVED - That's it! I couldn't remember any other details about the heroine so I wasn't sure at first. But reading the descriptions of the second and third books in the series jogged a few memories.

Thank you!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34379 comments Mod
You're most welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Watchers in the Night (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jenna Black (other topics)