General Fiction Forum Expats discussion

Archive > Winter Read

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4416 comments Mod
Let's start thinking about what we'd like to choose for our Winter read.
let's say Mid January

What do you suggest?

message 2: by Ang from OZ (new)

Ang from OZ | 1672 comments I see the movie for " In the heart of the sea" comes out soon, something i thought would be an interesting read and maybe a bit different.

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Ang from OZ wrote: "I see the movie for " In the heart of the sea" comes out soon, something i thought would be an interesting read and maybe a bit different."

YAY for our first vote and I don't think we've ever had a non-fiction suggestion

In the Heart of the Sea The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

How about something by Paula Brackston? I really enjoyed "The Winter Witch" and definitely want to read the others. Deb, do you have a recommendation as to which one to add the suggestion list?

message 5: by Debbie (new)

TarHeelGirl00 wrote: "How about something by Paula Brackston? I really enjoyed "The Winter Witch" and definitely want to read the others. Deb, do you have a recommendation as to which one to add the suggestion list?"

I love Paula Brackston TarHeelGirl. Her latest The Silver Witch is a great read mixing contemporary and historical and of course staring a witch.

The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston

message 6: by Kamas (new)

Kamas Kirian (kamas716) | 804 comments I don't know that I'll be participating. I haven't been reading lately. Not sure why, just don't feel like it. In fact, the last book I finished was Relic.

message 7: by Debbie (new)

Kamas wrote: "I don't know that I'll be participating. I haven't been reading lately. Not sure why, just don't feel like it. In fact, the last book I finished was Relic."

Kamas that is entirely up to you of course. I think we all go through those reading slump times.
I hope you do but if not there's always next time!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Anymore thoughts on our Winter read?

message 9: by Debbie (last edited Jan 08, 2016 04:55AM) (new)

We Have two suggestions for our Winter Read since its already Mid January almost lets start in Feb.

The Silver Witch by Paula Brackston -The Silver Witch

and

In the Heart of the Sea The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick -In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex

Anymore suggestions? I'll give it until next Friday then we'll choose
Have a great weekend!