Where's George? Readers discussion

Monthly Updates > What Are You Reading Dec 2015

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronald (new)

Ronald | 159 comments Mod
I am currently working my way through Doctor Who Shada by Gareth Roberts if you like Doctor Who from back in the day this is for your. Tom Baker was one of my favorite Doctors.

message 2: by Mike (new)

Mike (mikekeating) I've never seen the Tom Baker ones. I'm only up to Pertwee on the original show.

message 3: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments A fellow Georger who is not a member of Goodreads sent me And a happy new year, too by Dennis Purves in the mail after discovering that we both know the author personally. The plot also appears to have something to do with this time of the year. I have no idea what to expect as I haven't been able to find a review on any site!

message 4: by Ronald (new)

Ronald | 159 comments Mod
After my brother told me he liked most of The Martian by Andy Weir I have been waiting for my turn with a copy from the library. I have to say so far so good the book is entertaining.

message 5: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments OK I finished A Common Struggle A Personal Journey Through the Past and Future of Mental Illness and Addiction by Patrick J. Kennedy . It was longer than it needed to be and a long excuse for drug use. M Train by Patti Smith was not great. I don't like essay books. Now on to Life and Death Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer . It is weird so far.

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1 comments A Debt Is Finally Paid (A Marsden-Lacey Cozy Mystery Book 2) by Sigrid Vansandt just started this book, really into strange British mystery series right now.

message 7: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments I finished Thunderball today. I had to read read it, not listen to it on audio. My library had it both ways but the audio was lent to another library and due on 11-21-15. It is still not back.

message 8: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments I started The Spy Who Loved Me in real book form and Binge (Tyler Oakley) on audio.

message 9: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments Binge by Tyler Oakley was so good!

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 372 comments Mod
Bill wrote: "A fellow Georger who is not a member of Goodreads sent me And a happy new year, too by Dennis Purves in the mail after discovering that we both know the author personally. The plot also appears..."

Does the author share the name of the Georger?

message 11: by Melanie (new)

I've been out of the reading mood. I read The Silver Linings Playbook and found it to be okay. I just started reading High Fidelity because I've been curious about Hornby's writing.

message 12: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments I liked Silver Linings much more than I thought I would.....Hank Basket is the MAN! I also like The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick is Quick's next book. I liked it too..... Cat F*****G Parliament!

message 13: by April (new)

April Smith | 40 comments The Spy Who Loved Me (James Bond, #10) by Ian Fleming is not my favorite Bond book. Binge by Tyler Oakley Was a fun read. Lots of Pop culture goodness.

Now I' on to On Her Majesty's Secret Service (James Bond, #11) by Ian Fleming .

message 14: by Melanie (new)

April wrote: "I liked Silver Linings much more than I thought I would.....Hank Basket is the MAN! I also like The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick is Quick's next book. I liked it too..... Cat F*****G..."

While I found Quick easy to read I just wasn't impressed. I just need something to get me back into the reading mood before my 3rd bookclub begins again.

message 15: by Bill (new)

Bill | 192 comments Melanie wrote: "Bill wrote: "A fellow Georger who is not a member of Goodreads sent me And a happy new year, too by Dennis Purves in the mail after discovering that we both know the author personally. The plot..."

The book was sent me by Jennifer Fishinger (NJJenLyn). I noticed both she & the author are friends with you on Facebook.

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Bill wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Bill wrote: "A fellow Georger who is not a member of Goodreads sent me And a happy new year, too by Dennis Purves in the mail after discovering that we both know the author pers..."

I know both of them. We've met at STL gatherings. :) I didn't know Dennis was an author.