The Outsiders The Outsiders discussion

Dialogue

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ryan.Phelan Dialogue is very important in The Outsiders because S.E. uses it to describe characters. I like how she uses dialogue in the fight between Pony and Darry. When she uses the dialogue, it shows how Pony feels about Darry and that is a very important part of Pony's character. Overtime, Hinton uses more dialogue to describe how they changed and learned to accept each others differences. What do you guys think?

message 2: by Alec (new) - added it

Alec Levi Ryan.Phelan wrote: "Dialogue is very important in The Outsiders because S.E. uses it to describe characters. I like how she uses dialogue in the fight between Pony and Darry. When she uses the dialogue, it shows how P..."
I agree Mr.Phelan

Jenna Farris I agree with you both. Dialogue in this book is very important because it easily brings out certain qualities in a character's personality. In this case, it shows Ponyboy's hatred towards Darry.

Ryan.Phelan Jenna wrote: "I agree with you both. Dialogue in this book is very important because it easily brings out certain qualities in a character's personality. In this case, it shows Ponyboy's hatred towards Darry."

That is very true because through the characters dialogue, it reveals certain traits that were not known before