Discuss @ Carroll County Public Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Reading Challenges > No time to read? Try and audiobook

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (last edited Dec 04, 2015 11:30AM) (new)

Liz | 4 comments Mod
Since it's hard to find time to pick up a book, or you may be spending a lot of travelling in the car this holiday season - Lets talk audiobooks this month. CCPL has audiobooks in many different formats: you can download to your smartphone or tablet through our Overdrive or Hoopla services, or check out a CD or Playaway at your local branch!

Consider the performer and how you feel they conveyed the story. How did the performer portray the characters and narrative voice? Was the choice of performer appropriate for the book?

If it's your first time listening to an audiobook, share what you think about the format.

message 2: by Marlene (new)

Marlene | 6 comments Driving two hours a day I have become an audio book junkie and even go out to my car at lunch to get back to my "story". This week I have enjoyed some J & YA titles; Battle of the Books "The Crossover" by Kwame Alexander, The War That Saved My Life" by Kimberly Bradley and I loved it, so checked out "Jefferson's Sons A Founding Father's Secret Children" by the same author. I would rate all three of these books a 5 star - excellent.

message 3: by Nadine (new)

Nadine Rosendale | 1 comments I just finished listening to 100 Days of Happiness by Fausto Brizzi. At first I wasn't sure about this book, as the main character starts out as a not very likeable man. Somewhere along the line, and it didn't take too long, I got pulled into the story and wanted to see it through to the end. Despite the title and the donut on the cover, the story is rather depressing due to the main character having terminal cancer and only about 100 days to live. He makes it count and has 100 of the happiest days of his life, which is redeeming and satisfying. I can't say that I loved this book, but I did like it and it definitely makes you think about life and how you would spend your last days.

message 4: by Mallory (new)

Mallory | 44 comments Mwenzel wrote: "Driving two hours a day I have become an audio book junkie and even go out to my car at lunch to get back to my "story". This week I have enjoyed some J & YA titles; Battle of the Books "The Crosso..."

I also loved "The Crossover"! I read it for Battle of the Books questions; I could hear the rhythms in my head, so I'm sure it was great to listen to.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.