What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA/>18 book; oprhans/foster siblings fall in love [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments I read the book in the past year.. it was about an orphan girl getting adopted ( i believe the orphan boy was already there). they were adopted by an older lady who lived in a castle/mansion with servants. I think she had a son that had killed himself.

they end up falling in love as they grow up and he promises her forever, including building her a home on the island that is close by to them.

She goes to college and he cuts him self off and completely shuts her out of his life. she has no idea whats going on and tries to get info from the grandma/mom figure and she won't provide anything.

she goes home and sees a light on in the house he had promised to build them. she goes out there and finds him with a woman who she finds out is his wife. she is devastated.

she cuts off contact and after the old lady gets sick, i believe she goes home and finds out that he isn't actually married-- he is blind and no longer feels worthy of her. he had tired to save local kids from a fire in an abandoned building and he ended up getting hurt and was blinded.

I don't even remember if they work things out so you can see why I really want to reread and remember what happens. THANK YOU!

message 2: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments I think maybe his name is Jack? please help a girl out! :)

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34351 comments Mod
Katie, is this a contemporary or historical romance?

Does the older lady only take in these two orphans?
How are the hero and heroine orphaned?

What's the location - U.S./England/etc., east coast/etc.?

message 4: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments Modern day they went to high school together and she had left for college.

I can't remember what happened to his parents but there was a little bit of mystery behind her mom.. I think her mom left her in an orphanage maybe state care? and then later she found a box of the mom's stuff and she had passed away from an illness and the daughter realized she loved her and not just left her there. I'm not 100% sure how the older lady got them.. but I know she had been looking to fill the void her son had left behind. They always called her Mrs. _____ (but again, can't remember specifics)

Defin. set in US and I would guess coastal as some ofthe scenes were set around rocks/body of waters etc.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily  (dustsmokeandglitter) I tried to find this too cuz it sounds good, but I can't ugh

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments Emily wrote: "I tried to find this too cuz it sounds good, but I can't ugh"

Katie wrote: "Modern day they went to high school together and she had left for college.

I can't remember what happened to his parents but there was a little bit of mystery behind her mom.. I think her mom lef..."

It was good & had a lot of stomach dropping parts but I am hoping a happy ever after (I don't usually like books if they aren't)-- I even went through every single book I've borrowed on my Kindle Unlimited but it only goes back through MArch so it must have been before then!!

I'll keep looking!

message 8: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments Kaion wrote: "These lists maybe?
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2......"

Thanks!! i will look through these :)

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie Ricketts | 6 comments I FIGURED IT OUT!!!! literally was just browsing through Amazon and happened upon it!!!

omigosh. The relief I have right now!!!!

A glimpse of the Dream by La Fiore

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34351 comments Mod
That's great! Here's the link - A Glimpse of the Dream by L.A. Fiore.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Glimpse of the Dream (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.A. Fiore (other topics)