Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Helen Brenna
This topic is about Helen Brenna
Questions > Author website correction

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (amywatts) | 3 comments Hi - I've skimmed the manual and searched the group posts and am not sure where to post this:

I was looking for information on author Helen Brenna and when I clicked the link to her author site, it seems to be a WordPress account that has since been hacked. Is that sufficient to delete the link from her bio?

message 2: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 106 comments I wouldn't delete it. For starters, Helen Brenna is a GR author so I wouldn't edit her profile if she is an active member who can do so herself. The same URL is on the publishers page so that is the correct link for her website. I'm sure the hack will eventually be corrected, this may just be a temporary issue, so I would not delete the link.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (amywatts) | 3 comments Thanks for the quick reply.

It's not something I'm able to edit anyway, so if the answer was to delete it, my next question was going to be who to report it to. :)

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 106 comments Yes, I'm not surprised to see even Librarians can not edit a GR Author's profile. I'm guessing only a Super Librarian could.

message 5: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13666 comments No, only the author themselves can. And GR staff, but only to correct/merge profile names, I think. I doubt they would change links on a profile. But you can always ask staff if they do: support (at) goodreads (dot) com

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (amywatts) | 3 comments I hadn't looked at the Librarian side of Goodreads in a while - I had no idea about Super Librarians. Since I'm an actual librarian, of course now I want to know how to become one.

message 7: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13666 comments From the manual:

"Please note that there isn't a structured way to apply for super-librarian status. There are only about a dozen non-Goodreads staff who have it, all of whom were granted the status by staff due to their significant participation in the Librarians Group."

('About a dozen' never seems to have been updated. I think nowadays there are a lot more than that.)

message 8: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42044 comments Mod
Not active ones. Active ones are usually right around there.

message 9: by lethe (last edited Dec 03, 2015 01:46PM) (new)

lethe | 13666 comments OK :) I could come up with about 8 or 9 offhand, that's why I thought there must be more.