Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) Where She Went discussion

first impression of character

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fodiman THERE ARE SPOILERS! I think that in the sequel to "If I Stay", Mia is very different in this book. Because Mia's family has past in the previous book, she has changed her personality and qualities. She now smokes frequently and curses as well occasionally. In the first book or movie she is shy and a good girl. I think because she does not have a family, she doesn't have any boundaries and no role model.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgan wrote: "THERE ARE SPOILERS! I think that in the sequel to "If I Stay", Mia is very different in this book. Because Mia's family has past in the previous book, she has changed her personality and qualities...."

Mia lost her family, which left her broken. She probably suffered from a minor mental illness. When shit like that happens your never the same again.
When you think about it they both suffered, though they suffered separately creating a larger hole in their hearts. Mia did seem a bit up herself in the book, but she was only protecting herself. They both changed.
I'm not trying to be rude but this is my opinion.

message 3: by Ck (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ck The difference between If I Stay and Where She Went are totally different because Mia has grown. Mia has been through a lot in her young life. So of course there is some difference. Smoking is a stress / anxiety thing for her. I enjoyed both of these books. I haven't seen the movie.