What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance - he is stickler for rules he then sends his wife to live in a brothel as a kind of punishment [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Đurđevićeva (new)

Đurđevićeva | 3 comments Hi guys. So, a while back I read this book and its name eludes me completely. Here is what I remember: It's about a married couple, for him it's his second marriage. When he met his second wife, their romance was insta lust type and they married right away but since their personalities clashed, she has this colorful personality and he is stickler for rules he then sends his wife to live in a brothel as a kind of punishment, don't remember what was her crime really. She has been living there for five years when the story starts and he has been visiting her once a year on their anniversary. I think she then asks for a divorce as she feels they have come at an impasse in their relationship and as all romances go, this is when they start mending fences so to speak. I really hope someone knows the name of the book, it's been bugging me because I can't remember and unfortunately goodreads lists and google didn't help either.
Thanks. :)

message 2: by Pinky (new)

Pinky | 66 comments sounds really interesting. In a historical !!

message 3: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 39 comments Sounds good! I'll want to know too :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39275 comments Mod
The impasse only comes five years after he has sent her to work as a prostitute?

message 5: by Đurđevićeva (new)

Đurđevićeva | 3 comments No, she isn't working as a prostitute, she only lives there with them, maybe she's some sort of madam, not sure about that, but I'm definitely sure a prostitute she is not!! :)

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
A long shot - The Caged Countess by Joanna Fulford?

Isidora, around what year did you read this book?

What's the location/country and time period?
Is the hero an aristocrat/titled?

message 8: by Đurđevićeva (new)

Đurđevićeva | 3 comments Juels wrote: "Mistress by Marriage by Maggie Robinson?"
Yes, that's the one. Thank you Juels :)

message 9: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments You're welcome.