IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

ARCHIVED: 2016 PopSugarChallenge > Popsugar Reading Challenge 2016

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hi all!

The list for the Popsugar 2016 reading challenge is out. Just wanted to mention it for those interested.

I'll be printing it out and getting my choices ready in the next few weeks.

Hopefully I can finish the 2016 one, I failed 2015 miserably!

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments I have one book to read for 2015 Popsugar reading challenge.
I like the 2016 reading challenge and might give it a go.

message 3: by Fay (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:24AM) (new)

Fay Roberts Exciting!! I've kept looking for a new one and not finding it. I will definitely give it a go. Managed to do Pop-Sugar and Book Riot this year - yay me! Also can one of you link it. I can't find 2016's still.

message 5: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts Thanks love :-)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I still have to finish the 2015 challenge - I've gotten so behind!! - but this one looks fun too. I'll probably try to do it as well, haha. These challenges really help me expand outside of what I usually read, while also challenging me to read more than I usually would. I'm glad we did this!

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) managed to do all the Popsugar challenge this year, so I want to plan next year's out some so I don't feel like I'm mad dashing to finish.

I've already counted the occupation one as a loss sadly.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer You can bend them to fit. Try to find one with a similar occupation, or if you're still in school then try to find one where they're a student.

I'm nowhere near finished the 2015 one Elizabeth. I'd had a few exams to sit this year so that means no reading during my studying (boo hiss!). But, it was still fun to take part and I did manage to read a few books I would never have attempted otherwise. It's fun to join in whether you complete it or not I think.

message 9: by Jodez (new)

Jodez (jodez4) | 66 comments Some of next years topics looks like fun! but I don't know if I'll manage next years challenge, I've still got 12 left to complete this year... study took precedence.

Since I'm increasing my study load next year, the full challenge may be out. There are definitely a few books I'm planning to read that fit the list, so maybe a partial challenge is in order. I'd hate to miss out completely, I've had so much fun with this years challenge, read a bunch of books I'd never even considered earlier.

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) I might bend it to my dream occupation. ah well. still got tons of time to decide on that

message 11: by Bree (new)

Bree (colibree) | 63 comments I've never done one of these but they look like so much fun! I'm gonna try to do this one even though I'm starting school in January too so let's see how it goes hehe

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate C | 65 comments Mod
Definitely failed it this year (mostly because I forgot about it until this month, and it's a bit too late to read 20 books to catch up) but am going to try to do it in 2016. Will there be threads for each book here like there was this year? I found it really useful for book suggestions.

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Katherine wrote: "Definitely failed it this year (mostly because I forgot about it until this month, and it's a bit too late to read 20 books to catch up) but am going to try to do it in 2016. Will there be threads ..."

There will be - I'm actually in the process of putting all of them up now. :)

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate C | 65 comments Mod
Brilliant :-)

message 15: by Keshia (new)

Keshia (keshialynn13) Ah I'm so excited by this! I'm currently reading "Winter" and "The 5th Wave," which means I'm already two in without meaning to.

message 16: by Cortney (new)

Cortney Jean I can never decide which challenge to tackle, PopSugar or BookRiot's Read Harder, so I just made a master list of both on my phone and we'll see how it goes!

message 17: by Cass (new)

Cass | 9 comments @Cortney Jean Good idea! I was screenshoting them but a big list in my one note would be a better idea. I'm going to do both, plus iggppc stuff within my own 2016 reading challenege. So I guess some books may count for both? Bustle also has a challenge that looks good.

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) S wrote: "@Cortney Jean Good idea! I was screenshoting them but a big list in my one note would be a better idea. I'm going to do both, plus iggppc stuff within my own 2016 reading challenege. So I guess som..."

Thanks for the tip, S! I think I might do the Bustle challenge instead of the others this year - it appeals to me more.

message 19: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts Have you got a link for the Bustle one? I don't fancy Book Riot this year.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Fay wrote: "Have you got a link for the Bustle one? I don't fancy Book Riot this year."

Here you go! http://www.bustle.com/articles/130754...

I'm also making discussion posts for the Bustle challenge as well.

message 21: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts Thanks, that one does look a lot better than Book Riot. Think I may have a gander as there were quite a few of the suggestions that are actually already kicking around on my shelves :-)

message 22: by Regan (last edited Jan 07, 2016 09:52PM) (new)

Regan (mollytornado) | 36 comments I'm taking part in this. I want to read more books than I did last year and hopefully taking part in this year's POPSUGAR challenge will push me to do that. This is my first time doing a reading challenge, so I'm rather excited - haha.

Bustle's reading challenge does look great, but I've already planned out my reading list for POPSUGAR and I don't want to take on more than the one challenge. I might take part in it next year, if they have one, or just do this year's challenge next year.

message 23: by Cortney (new)

Cortney Jean The Bustle one does look pretty good as well. While I wrote down the Book Riot one, I found the challenge categories in 2015 more appealing. I think I'm going to focus more on the PopSugar one since the categories are a bit more broad meaning I have a bit more choice within them and it lists about 40 categories, a good book number for a years worth of reading.

message 24: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmaj) | 53 comments I failed the 2015 challenge too :(

I am still wondering if I should just focus on my Good reads challenge this year!

message 25: by Adeline (new)

Adeline (chips_) I'll try doing this challenge, it looks fun enough. :) I don't have a lot of free times I hope it will work out for me.