2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > A Self-Published Book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nailil (new)

Nailil (nellah) I'd like to give independent authors a chance but I'm not going to directly jump into the deep end with this prompt. I'm just too faint-hearted to read a badly edited book. I will start with already proven independent authors, either Michael J. Sullivanor Hugh Howey. Or if anyone has other suggestion, please do so in this thread =)

message 2: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) I've been wanting to read Hugh Howey -The Wool Trilogy for so long. I hear wonderful things about it. There is a small chance I will be able to squeeze the first book into 2016 but it might be dependant on my local library.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments I have no idea what I'm going to use for this one. Suggestions would be helpful

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
http://www.therichest.com/expensive-l...

I loved the Celestine prophecy, had no idea it was self published!

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily Wrayburn (emilywrayburn) I read a fair bit of self-published material because several of my blogging friends have self-published their work. I recommend The Viper and the Urchin by Celine Jeanjean if you like steampunk or the Darkness & Light series by K. L. Schwengel if you like gritty fantasy (though the third book has not been released yet). My indie author shelf is here if you want some more suggestions.

message 6: by Nailil (last edited Dec 14, 2015 05:43AM) (new)

Nailil (nellah) Emily wrote: "I read a fair bit of self-published material because several of my blogging friends have self-published their work. I recommend The Viper and the Urchin by Celine Jeanjean if you like steampunk or ..."

Fantasy is my favorite genre so I will check them out for sure. Thanks Emily

50x66

2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Wool Trilogy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michael J. Sullivan (other topics)
Hugh Howey (other topics)