Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > I was wondering what I should to to become a librarian

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lyd's Archive (7/'15 to 6/'18) (violabelcik) | 5 comments What I just said.

message 2: by Zoey (new)

Zoey  (rozannen) | 146 comments Got to the Librarian Manual (link is on the home page of this group) & click on where it says 'apply here' under How do I become a Librarian

message 3: by shannon (new)

shannon Lee (sl2015) | 1 comments Hi,

I applied to be a librarian but I have not heard back and it's been several days. Is there anything specific I should do?

Thank you!

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 576 comments No, it often takes several days to a week or more before you get a response. If after 10 days or so, you haven't heard, you might send an inquiry to support@goodreads.com.

message 5: by Sarah - (new)

Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken (sarahbear8301) | 35 comments You won't get a reply if you've been declined. They may not be adding new librarians right now. Mine took a couple weeks, so that could also be the case for you. There's no real timeline for an accept/decline. I believe if you go back to the link and are able to apply again, it means you've been declined.

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila Myers (sheilamyers) | 15 comments I'm glad I found the post because I had the same question as Shannon. I sent my "application" so I guess with the answers given by Betsy and Sarah I know to wait a week or so and then try again if I haven't gotten a response.