Mrs. Anderson's English 10 discussion

The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
This topic is about The Maze Runner
The Maze Runner

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aubrey Evans | 6 comments Summary: Boys stuck, circled by walls and the only way out it through the maze. The boys have been trying to figure the way out through the maze these guys are called the runners, but there are hidden secrets and monsters that come out at night. until one day when a boy named Thomas road up in the elevator changed it all.

Personal reaction: This was an amazing book with twists and turns. very detailed and amazing. The author did an amazing job keeping this going. This book I would recommend to most everyone. It was so hard to put the book down. After reading the book the movie was a disappointment.

Categories this book falls in. Action/adventure, mystery/suspense/thriller, fiction.

message 2: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie McFarland | 8 comments Summary: This book is about a boy named Thomas who experiences some pretty crazy things. In the book Thomas wakes up in this strange pitch black box. He doesn't know where he is and he doesn't remember anything expect that his name is Thomas. The box doors eventually open and Thomas is shoved into this crazy new world. This new world is called the glade. The glade is a place filled with many interesting and crazy things like the fact that the only people that live there are boys. The glade had 4 doors on each side that open during the day and close at night. Inside those door lies a maze that changes every night. During one part of the book Thomas find himself trying to save two men that aren't going to make it back to the glade before the doors close. So Thomas decides that he is going to break one of the biggest rules to go and save these two men. He ends up spending a crazy night in the maze. He ends up facing these horriabke monsters called grievers. By morning he ends up saving those two men and nobody has ever done that before so the make Thomas a Runner. Runners are a group of runners are people who try to find a way through the maze. After that Thomas finds a huge discovery that leads him and his friends into the next book called Scorch Trials.

Personal reaction: Personally I found this book to be a really amazing book. I absolutely loved it! When I was reading it I go caught up in it and it felt as if I was actually a character in this book. I would definitely recommend this book to someone else. I think that they would reading it as much as I did. I also thought that the book was way better then the movie was.