Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R. R. Martin → Start Date: January 4th, 2016

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Clementine | 901 comments Feel free to join us for this read! :)

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Looking forward to this :)

Clementine | 901 comments Me too! :) I've been planning to re-read this for a while. ^_^

message 4: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Should I watch the show while reading the book or before or after?

Clementine | 901 comments I don't watch the show so I wouldn't know... :S maybe after if you don't want to be spoiled?

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Can I join? I have heard so many great things about this book, and now I have a reason to read it!

Clementine | 901 comments Sure, Anna! You're obviously welcome to join ^_^

♛Vanessa♛ ϟ Novel Nerd Faction (novelnerdfaction) | 155 comments I'd love to join! I started this book a few years ago and never finished. This would give me the perfect chance to start from scratch. =]

message 9: by Azaria (new) - added it

Azaria Ferrer (azariaferrer) | 4 comments OMG YES! I've been wanting to finish this one. Can't wait to read!

Nicole - Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die- | 881 comments I'm want to join this one cause I have this book and it's big and I need to tackle it

Hannah (dontakemetochurch) I would love to join, I was thinking of rereading the series so this would be perfect for me!

Mochaspresso  | 11 comments I'll join. I've been wanting to read this series but put it off because I knew it wasn't finished yet. I'll probably die of old age waiting. Now is as good a time as any to start.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I wasn't felling well today, so I only got to read a couple of pages. I will most likely be able to read more tomorrow though.

Clementine | 901 comments I'll try to read a couple chapter tomorrow too, Anna. :)

message 15: by Liza (new)

Liza Johansson | 4 comments I'll join you :)

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Read to the end of page 22, and let me just say, I am confused.
(view spoiler)

message 17: by Brooke (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Im in the middle of another book right now but I should be able to start in soon

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) I have read to the end of page 99....
(view spoiler)
That being said, I think that I am going to start another book along with this one, due to the fact that this book will take me so ling to read.

message 19: by Azaria (new) - added it

Azaria Ferrer (azariaferrer) | 4 comments I'm about 100 pages in, so much is happening! But, I watched the first season of GoT on HBO, so I have a sense of what's going on without a bunch of confusion.

message 20: by Brooke (last edited Jan 10, 2016 03:53PM) (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) I still haven't got a chance to start this I think a reading slump is about to come :/

Mochaspresso  | 11 comments Brooke wrote: "Should I watch the show while reading the book or before or after?"

I've been told that the show has deviated away from the books and that the show is now even ahead of the books since the book series is still unfinished.

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Brooke wrote: "I still haven't got a chance to start this I thimk a reading slump is about to come :/"

Oh no!I probably wouldn't read this book if you are starting to feel a reading slump coming on because it is a lot to take in if you are not in the mood to take in. Also, it is 800+ pages. In my experience, this might not be the best book for you right now.

message 23: by Brooke (last edited Jan 10, 2016 03:53PM) (new)

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) And the slum has hit Im just going to have to try this one another time sorry guys :(

Anna (Adventures with a Book Nerd) (bookish_anna) Not for me. Don't get me wrong, what I read of it was enjoyable. I just know that I won't like the book enough to make up for the amount of time that it will take me to read it. I can see why people love this series though! Maybe I will try it again in the future, but I am going to go read a book that I will enjoy more now. I hope you guys enjoy it though!

message 25: by Liza (new)

Liza Johansson | 4 comments I'm 150 pages into it and I'm really enjoying it :)