Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Books Just Finished/Now Reading > Undone Slaughter

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments 4.5 rating, details of violence was just too detailed, and the killer was unexpected but I thought another person fit better.

A retired couple is driving home after a visit with the grandchildren, when they hit something in the road. They rush out believing it to be a deer only to find a woman in such critical condition, words can't describe it. Trent happens to be in the hospital with Faith when the woman is brought in and Sara is the attending doctor. He quickly worms his way into the investigation thus upsetting the local PD. As Faith and Trent work the case to identify the woman and find out who inflicted this damage on her, we get a deeper look into the characters that shape both of Slaughter series.

Faith is dealing with personal health issues that could put on her desk duty, leaving Trent without a partner to cover his butt and his disablity. We catch up with Sara 3 1/2 yrs after the incidents in Slaughter's previous novel and how it has affected her life. We see Trent not only struggling with his disability but Angie is still a thron in his side.

As the case unfolds and the clues become clear, the end was a little muddled for me. The killers did make sense to me, but I thought someone else would of fit better. This leads to questions on the ending, which I won't include her since it would spoil the story.

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments I am about 225 pages in, and not moving swiftly (small print). I did appreciate the small humor break on page 218, the book was dark enough to need it.
Barry

message 3: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments Barry wrote: "I am about 225 pages in, and not moving swiftly (small print). I did appreciate the small humor break on page 218, the book was dark enough to need it.
Barry "

Scratching head trying to remember there was humor? It is a very dark book, almost over the top in violence, but glad that even though we are told in detail the gritty details, at least it Happened "offstage" as to reading it as it happened. kwim?

message 4: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments I'll post on the spoiler board in about 10 minutes, which is how long I need to finish the book.
Barry

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori Van Buskirk | 73 comments I'm on about 175 of the book. Very graphic details. I love Slaughters books! I'm really interested to see what everyone says but I'm not going to go to the spoilers. I'm not.....really!

message 6: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments Theresa posted it on the spoiler board, but a part of her post was the level of opportunity the change in time and place gives Slaughter for her next book. My personal belief is that the seeds of the next book were sown in the final pages of this one.
Barry

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments I think she is going to confront Lena,but I could care less, she is not a favorite character : )

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14967 comments It seems like I have been waiting to read these posts on Undone FOREVER! I finally finished it tonight after a marathon reading session last night got me close. Ahhh. What a highly emotional book this was for each of the three main characters, Sara, Faith and Will. I really liked how they all came together and how each of their personal challenges was further defined while the hunt was on for such a horrific, sadistic perpetrator.
As for direction of the next book or the resolution of the open questions about Lena, I am not sure that I understand it all either.
My main comment is to wonder why almost all of the women in this series have to dislike most other women so much? The victims in this case made me notice it more this time. I have always viewed Lena as not terribly likable, but also as a victim. Perhaps I have viewed her from Jeffrey's POV. He always stood by her.
I didn't miss her in this book at all. I suppose that is rather telling of my own opinion. ;)

message 9: by Teresa (new)

Teresa (teresainohio) | 0 comments The ending still confuses me, I think someone else would of made a better killer based on the clues in the book. As for Lena can she be gone for good?

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments As for Lena can she be gone for good? ...
When you toss the cat out the door, is it gone for good?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Undone (other topics)