Inkshares Community discussion

Resources (Editing, Cover, Ads) > Structural / developmental editing for Quill authors

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments I want to hang my shingle here. I am the owner and senior editor of a small editing company called Story Perfect Editing Services (http://www.storyperfectediting.com). We work with Indie authors to provide quality and affordable editing.

To date I have been involved in editing more than 40 titles, and recently I expanded the company to include a structural/developmental editor (Lizette Clarke), copyeditor (Katy Farmer), and 3 apprentice editors who handle proofreading.

Since Inkshares has brought in the Quill imprint, I realize there will be many authors whose works will make it in and will be seeking structural/developmental editing (since that will not be provided by Quill). Also, I'm aware many authors whose campaigns don't succeed will explore Indie publication options. I'm putting this here so I can inform the community of the services we provide.

Feel free to contact us through the website, or email me at johnrobinrt@gmail.com if you have any questions.

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul | 97 comments John, is there a hat you don't wear?

;)

Everyone, use this mans advice and expertise. He is the cat's pajamas.

message 3: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Thank you Paul! Regarding this editing hat, I've been wearing it for the last 3 years and it's this hat that's allowed me to develop as a writer and slowly work on my prose while making a living working with other stories. Boy, do you ever get self-conscious of your personal writing ticks when you train / get experience editing the work of others objectively. It's been a great path and ultimately, it's what has led me here!

There are a few hats I don't wear: I'm not a singer, a dancer, or a magician. And I don't skydive. That one is DEFINITELY out.

message 4: by Elan (new)

Elan (bonbonelan) John wrote: "And I don't skydive. That one is DEFINITELY out."

I said that, once.

And then I jumped out of a plane, and it was the most exhilarating experience I've ever had. Absolutely incredible. Magical, really. Top-shelf adrenaline rush, if you're into that sort of thing.