Inkshares Community discussion

Resources (Editing, Cover, Ads) > Purpose of this folder

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments I'm creating this folder as a place where writers can access information about resources for their books, i.e. editing, cover design services, advertising opportunities.

If you are an editor, cover designer, or if you want to share advertising opportunities, this is the place to hang your shingle.

If you are a writer and have a specific request for a resource you can also ask that here and anyone in the community who provides it or knows of it can chime in.

message 2: by Michael (last edited Dec 03, 2015 04:39PM) (new)

Michael Valdez (teekomeeko) | 18 comments I've actually tried seeking out editors on Goodreads, but nearly all of them I ask from the forum post (or posts? I lost track) are no longer taking clients or were not quite honest about availability. Thanks John for this new topic that is more generalized, it'll surely help Inkshares authors specifically to try and get what they need / want.

I guess my own request for a resource would be for an editor with a non-multiple-thousands-of-dollars price tag. As much as I've worked on my book I'd like to take the final few steps of adding more flavor and getting it professionally looked at (sometime in January if possible).

As far as a resource I can share, I'm not sure I have one that's super-useful. I plan on saving up to either be a guest on The GameOverGreggy Show (the $2000 Patreon tier) or have them advertise for me for one month ($3000). The Kinda Funny channel that's the home of the show has 155,000 subcribers on YouTube, and Gary Whitta was a guest on there and introduced Inkshares widely for his book Abomination.

Of course the reason I want to be a guest is because I already love the show and the people on there, and I'm terrible at marketing so I may as well do something fun with it.

message 3: by John (new)

John Robin (john_robin) | 299 comments Michael wrote: "I guess my own request for a resource would be for an editor with a non-multiple-thousands-of-dollars price tag"

You've hit a major point on the head with this, and it's my hope that this folder is a place where those in our community who know of / offer services, can present alternatives to Inkshares authors who want to give their manuscripts that overall polish. I can relate to this personally in developing some of the pricing alternatives for my company (for example, we offer an hourly rate to discount authors if their work has minimal issues, but a $1/page ceiling on all prices). It's so important to give authors full quality editing with heart and soul that they can apply without it requiring they sell their car to afford it.

I hope this will become a useful directory!