French Level 1 discussion

Unité 1A > Première Leçon! (First Lesson)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolise, Sylvie (last edited Dec 02, 2015 12:29PM) (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Bonjour classe! I do not expect you to understand the material right away, and you can message me anytime. Considering this is online, it's going to be slightly difficult, but I have faith! Today, you will learn some vocabulary.
1. Tu t'appelle comment? What is your name?
2. Je suis _____! I am _____! (Informal)
3. Je m'appelle _____! My name is _____! (Formal)
4. Et toi? And you? (Informal)
5. Et vous? And you? (Formal)
Then do it again, but change roles. I do not expect you to do this with every group member. Also, when you speak, use the informal phrase, since we are friends.
Afterwards
1. Je te présente _____! I present you _____! (Informal)
2. Je vous présente _____! I present you _____! (Formal)
3. Enchanté(e). Delighted. (You add the extra e if you are a female or if you are in 3rd person and the speaker saying the phrase is a female.)
You can present a friend, group member, etc. below! Have fun! I'm sorry the lesson is fairly short, I have homework and I am visiting my dad tonight. Au revoir!! (Hopefully you all are familiar with that phrase :) ))

message 2: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Example

Evelyne: Salut!
Arabelle: Salut!
Evelyne: Tu t'appelle comment?
Arabelle: Je suis Arabelle. Et toi?
Evelyne: Je suis Evelyne!

Evelyne: Salut!
Arabelle: Salut!
Evelyne: Je te présente Louise.
Louise: Salut!
Arabelle: Enchantée.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I will do this as soon as I finish my violin practice :)

message 4: by Avalon (new)

Avalon (avaloncapri) 1. Tu t'appelle comment? What is your name?
2. Je suis Avalon! I am Avalon! (Informal)
3. Je m'appelle Avalon! My name is Avalon! (Formal)
Then do it again, but change roles. I do not expect you to do this with every group member. Also, when you speak, use the informal phrase, since we are friends.
Afterwards
1. Je te présente Largo! I present you Largo! (Informal)
2. Je vous présente Largo! I present you Largo! (Formal)
3. Enchanté(e). Delighted. (You add the extra e if you are a female or if you are in 3rd person and the speaker saying the phrase is a female.)
You can present a friend, group member, etc. below! Have fun! I'm sorry the lesson is fairly short, I have homework and I am visiting my dad tonight. Au revoir!! (Hopefully you all are familiar with that phrase :) ))

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 03, 2015 10:15AM) (new)

1. Tu t'appelle comment? What is your name?
2. Je suis Mirabelle! I am Mirabelle! (Informal)
3. Je m'appelle Mirabelle! My name is Mirabelle! (Formal)
Afterwards
1. Je te présente Emily! I present you Emily! (Informal)
2. Je vous présente Emily! I present you Emily! (Formal)

message 6: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Haha you didn't need to post my directions, just the numbered items. Oh well, but très bien (very good) to Mirabelle and Avalon!!!

message 7: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments *I will make the next lesson tomorrow night (it's gonna be Friday, yay!!)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

:) Thanks Sylvie!

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 9 comments Oh this really helps me but i do have problem with the prounouncing.

message 10: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Here this is something to help you with it. Don't worry, you don't have to have an account. Just click the audio button next to the word. :) https://quizlet.com/97257061/unite-1a...

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 9 comments Merci Asyd :D

message 12: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments I know, it's a bit hard trying to teach an online language class. Sorry if it's hard. :-)

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 9 comments Nah. Its okay asyd. We really appreciated your teaching. You did a pretty good job on teaching us french.

message 14: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Merci beaucoup, it's wonderful to get to teach something. :)

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) I'm probly not going to do the lessons in the chats. But I am writing them down

message 16: by Carolise, Sylvie (new)

Carolise (winderland) | 75 comments Okay, that's fine with me!

Black Beauty Bassist (darkflames17) Ok thx.

message 18: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Mentions Salut! Tu t'appelle comment? :)