Beyond Reality discussion

Dust of Dreams (Malazan Book of the Fallen, #9)
This topic is about Dust of Dreams
SERIES—List & Discussions > Malazan Book of the Fallen--DUST OF DREAMS: Roll Call and First Impressions (*NO SPOILERS*)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathi | 3222 comments Mod
Please let us know if you've read or are planning to read Dust of Dreams by Steven Erikson.

Please, **NO SPOILERS!!**

message 2: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

OK, I've started and read the prologue. Some new characters, some new settings--I'm a little surprised that Erikson continues to expand the cast and world when this book and the next book will wrap up the series.

And it's a very bleak start, very bleak.

Helen Well that'll cheer my Christmas!

message 4: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Helen wrote: "Well that'll cheer my Christmas!"

Prologue is bleak but the next couple chapters are less so. Some of the action is back in Letharii--Tehol & Bugg! Bonehunters!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments Yeah, at first I was pretty shocked at all the new characters. But then I remembered that I was dealing with Eriksen and I shouldn't have expected anything else haha.

It's a very interesting penultimate book; the payoff at the end is pretty well worth the funky prologue and parts with new characters.

Helen I love Tehol and Bugg. I'm reading two hopefully quick reads then I'll read this and the final back to back.

Merry Christmas

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments They are great. You'd think it would get old after a while but it never got to that point for me

message 8: by Helen (last edited Jan 01, 2016 06:11AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Helen I'm starting and I already have no idea who anyone is or what is going on! Yay, it's Malazan.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments New year, new characters :D

message 10: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Helen wrote: "I'm starting and I already have no idea who anyone is it what is going on! Yay, it's Malazan."

I'd like to say it gets better, and yes, there are familiar characters, but there are new ones, and new storylines. This is truly a sprawling series with a cast of thousands!

Helen Can you imagine filming it and trying to justify why you needed ten million main actors.

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments Helen wrote: "Can you imagine filming it and trying to justify why you needed ten million main actors."

haha, that would be bonkers. I don't think there's any way to do these books in film/tv.

message 13: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott wrote: "haha, that would be bonkers. I don't think there's any way to do these books in film/tv"

But there sure are plenty of scenes that are awesomely cinematic!

Scott (thekeeblertree) | 99 comments Kathi wrote: "Scott wrote: "haha, that would be bonkers. I don't think there's any way to do these books in film/tv"

But there sure are plenty of scenes that are awesomely cinematic!"

Yeah, there really are. Maybe if they took one story line like the chain of dogs and made that into a movie.

Helen Funny, I've thought a few times that this is like for our five different stories wrapped together.

The Bonehunters would be unmissable.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dust of Dreams (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Steven Erikson (other topics)