2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > A book from the Rory Gilmore Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
Calling all Gilmore Girl fans! I also love this prompt! There are loads of books on the RG list and it seems like a fun challenge. I think everyone could find something they'd like on this list(there are over 300!) Here it is for anyone who's interested.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyandol...

message 2: by Charline (last edited Dec 02, 2015 12:49PM) (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments There are actually a few books on that list I would like to read, but I have gone for 1984 I've been meaning to read it for years and now I have an excuse.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
I just finished it for a book I was supposed to read in school :) I found it good but depressing

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth I'm going to be reading The Original Illustrated Mark Twain( but the only story I'm going to be reading is the adventures of Huckleberry Finn }

message 5: by Clare (new)

Clare (-clare-) Thanks for the list! I want to read so many of these books that it's impossible to pick just one right now. Should be a very easy and fun prompt whatever I end up opting for.

message 6: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments Thinking of reading The Bell Jar

message 7: by Charline (new)

Charline (charline84) | 80 comments I think a few of us are going to read The Bell Jar, but for different prompts. I was going to choose it for a classic 20th century book.

message 8: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments The Bell Jar can fit into so many prompts. Might read it and then decide which prompts to put it in. It's like I'm going to read The Summer of the Swans as a book from childhood, but it could fit in YA bestseller, under 150 pages, mental illness, a book with a title beginning with the first letter of your first name if it began with an S..... Just have to decide which prompt you're doing or needing.

message 9: by Clare (last edited Jan 21, 2016 01:11PM) (new)

Clare (-clare-) I have settled on Flowers for Algernon. That will also slot in nicely with another mini challenge that i'm doing.

Edit: I read it and wept, excellent book.