Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

108 views
Archive - Yearly Challenges 2016 > Questions about challenges

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2016 10:33AM) (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
Do you have questions about any of the challenges? If you want to know what qualifies, how to do something, recommendations for books, etc., please ask your questions here!

FAQ:
To start your own thread:
- Click on this link: Yearly Challenges 2016
- Click on 'new topic' at the top right of the of the list
- Fill in the 'topic field' with whatever you want to call the challenge. I would advise to include your name in the title so it's easier to find when you come back to it.
- Keep 'folder field' as Yearly Challenges 2016
- Fill in the 'comment field' with details of your challenges
- Click 'post'


message 2: by Beachesnbooks (new)

Beachesnbooks Thanks for posting the 2016 challenges already! Really excited to start them. The New Releases challenge is a really good idea!


message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
Thanks, Jaleenajo. Glad you like it. :)


message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (teff1979) | 69 comments Can we have a separate threads for each challenge or should I keep them all together or is up to us.


message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Dec 15, 2015 04:19PM) (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
Completely up to you, Stephanie. I find keeping them in one thread is easier, but if separate threads is easier for you, feel free to do that. Sorry I missed the question earlier. Sometimes, I don't get all the notifications.


message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna Nowosielski | 23 comments Hi, Can anyone tell me how to start my thread? Thanks Donna


message 7: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "Hi, Can anyone tell me how to start my thread? Thanks Donna"

- Click on this link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...
- Click on 'new topic' at the top right of the of the list
- Fill in the 'topic field' with whatever you want to call the challenge. I would advise to include your name in the title so it's easier to find when you come back to it.
- Keep 'folder field' as Yearly Challenges 2016
- Fill in the 'comment field' with details of your challenges
- Click 'post'


message 8: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Kristie, you might want to include something like the above in your first comment?


message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna Nowosielski | 23 comments Lynn wrote: "Donna wrote: "Hi, Can anyone tell me how to start my thread? Thanks Donna"

- Click on this link https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...
- Click on 'new topic' at the top right of the o..."


Thank you


message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
Lynn wrote: "Kristie, you might want to include something like the above in your first comment?"

Will do, Lynn. I'm going to copy your message and add to the first comment.


message 11: by ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ (last edited Jan 04, 2016 09:01PM) (new)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments I added one more challenge to my already impossible list
New to me author challenge. We'll see how it goes. Anyone that wants to fail with me, I left the format I used below! :)

Author Exploration Challenge
"New to me" - Authors I've never read before
Duration: January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016
Completed: 0/X

1.
2.


message 12: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 865 comments ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ wrote: "I added one more challenge to my already impossible list
New to me author challenge. We'll see how it goes. Anyone that wants to fail with me, I left the format I used below! :)

Author Exploration..."


Nice! This was one I actually did well last year.


message 13: by ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ (new)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Vicki wrote: "ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ wrote: "I added one more challenge to my already impossible list
New to me author challenge. We'll see how it goes. Anyone that wants to fail with me, I left the format I used below! :..."


Did any of these new to you authors become a favourite author?


message 14: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 865 comments ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ wrote: "Vicki wrote: "ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ wrote: "I added one more challenge to my already impossible list
New to me author challenge. We'll see how it goes. Anyone that wants to fail with me, I left the format I..."


What a totally good question! I went back and looked and though I wouldn't say I have a new "favorite", I would definitely read more by the following New to Me authors:
Kristin Hannah
Laurie Halse Anderson
Jack Ketchum
Sandra Brown
Lisa Genova


message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
I added the new author challenge to our list of challenges. :) Link is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 16: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
Also started a thread specifically for challenge discussions. It can be found here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...


message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1467 comments It won't let me make a thread because it is saying I have to verify my email, which I have no clue how to do this.


message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Jan 05, 2016 05:04PM) (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
I've never had that happen, Sarah. Are you clicking on 'new topic' at the top right of the of the 'Yearly Challenges 2016' page? I know you have to put something in the first comment field to post, but you shouldn't have to enter your email at all, assuming you are already logged into Goodreads.


message 19: by ally ¯\(ツ)/¯ (new)

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Vicki - Five new favourite authors is epic!


Virginie (chouettblog) | 350 comments OMG, I am always the last one to find out.
Would love to create a thread for my reading challenge in this group.


message 21: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Virginie (LaChouett) wrote: "OMG, I am always the last one to find out.
Would love to create a thread for my reading challenge in this group."


Well do it then lol


Virginie (chouettblog) | 350 comments Lynn wrote: "Virginie (LaChouett) wrote: "OMG, I am always the last one to find out.
Would love to create a thread for my reading challenge in this group."

Well do it then lol"


I know lol:)


message 23: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
You two are too funny!


message 24: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (meldoc) Any suggestions for BROWN covers?


message 25: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4120 comments Mod
Have you looked at listopia lists? Like this one https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...


message 26: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Apr 29, 2016 07:02AM) (new)

Kristie | 6035 comments Mod
I would suggest the same. I often look at the lists for ideas. This year I read Pastel Orphans by Gemma Liviero and Unbearable Lightness A Story of Loss and Gain by Portia de Rossi , which were both good.


back to top