2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2015 > Less but More than my Challenge Goal

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by CJ (new)

CJ (bovisrex) | 5 comments So, every year I make a promise to myself to read on average a book a week. This year, going into the last month, I've only read 34... but four of those were Malazan books and most of the others were long as well. On average, I've read the equivalent of 52 300-page books (roughly) or 34 500 page ones. So, I've definitely read as much as I promised myself I would read, yet I still can't shake the feeling that I've 'failed.' (Also, I'm trying to talk myself out of reading 18 novellas this month so I can still claim 52.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I just being obsessive?

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Sorry I didn't see this sooner! If you're looking for more of a discussion, you could always post in the Let's Chat section.

It's easy to feel like you didn't meet your goal, but I think you're right that pages are often a better indicator of how much you've read than book count. I read a lot of comics volumes this year, so I was thinking I hadn't read as much as last year (even though my book count was higher). Looking at my pages reveals that I actually am reading more than last year, which is good to know.

Anyway, you should feel proud of finishing over 15,000 pages this year! :)