Black Coffee discussion

Reading Challenges > December Challenge

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments The December challenge is now up: https://www.goodreads.com/challenges/...

Theme-wise, try to read at least one book that deals with a winter holiday. This might be a book set during Christmas or a book on Kwanzaa, it's really up to you. :)

How many books can you read this month?

message 2: by Zanna (new)

Zanna (zannastar) Can anyone recommend books about Kwanzaa?

message 3: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
Zanna wrote: "Can anyone recommend books about Kwanzaa?"

I've never read any. Have you tried Listopia?

message 4: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Zanna wrote: "Can anyone recommend books about Kwanzaa?"

I am assuming you mean adult books.
I don't remember reading an adult book - have bought children books in the past.

Here is a site by the founder of Kwanzaa - it has a lot of information.
http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org...

message 5: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

Should the entire book deal with Christmas or can it be a few chapters or mentions of the holidays?

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments kisha wrote: "Should the entire book deal with Christmas or can it be a few chapters or mentions of the holidays?"

Few chapters or mention of the holidays works :)

message 7: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

Perfect thats the book I'm reading now!

message 8: by Helen (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments Does anyone here celebrate Kwanzaa?
I don´t know much about it at all. I would love to learn more.

message 9: by Anastasia Kinderman (last edited Dec 08, 2015 12:30PM) (new)

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Helen wrote: "Does anyone here celebrate Kwanzaa?
I don´t know much about it at all. I would love to learn more."

Beverly linked to a website on it.

Wikipedia also has a page for your perusal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

message 10: by Helen (new)

Helen Erwin | 95 comments Anastasia wrote: "Helen wrote: "Does anyone here celebrate Kwanzaa?
I don´t know much about it at all. I would love to learn more."

Beverly linked to a website on it.

Wikipedia also has a page for your perusal: h..."

Thank you Anastasia and Beverly!

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Beverly already asked what everyone's favorites reads were for 2015 in another thread so I'm going to ask: what was your LEAST favorite read in 2015?

message 12: by Beverly (new)

Beverly | 1078 comments Anastasia wrote: "Beverly already asked what everyone's favorites reads were for 2015 in another thread so I'm going to ask: what was your LEAST favorite read in 2015?"

Sorry I jumped the gun on the favorite read post.

This is a far easier question for me to answer as I usually do not finish a book if I do not like it but here are two that I finished that were my least fav reads of the year:

The Girl on the Train
The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl

Anastasia Kinderman | 942 comments Beverly wrote: "Anastasia wrote: "Beverly already asked what everyone's favorites reads were for 2015 in another thread so I'm going to ask: what was your LEAST favorite read in 2015?"

Sorry I jumped the gun on t..."

Oh no, it was one less thing for me to worry about lol. And everyone's replies were so interesting.