2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > The first book you see in a book store

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
This could be interesting, I guess we can't plan this one so much. How are you planning on choosing? Just walk in, have someone else lead you to a random section with your eyes closed?

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments I think what I will do is walk in and go straight to the new releases section and do it that way.

message 3: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I wasn't planning on doing this prompt but since I didn't have any more books on my holiday I dropped into a book store that was having a major clearance sale and picked up Everything I Never Told You. It had an interesting cover and there was a review on the cover that said it brought to mind The Lovely Bones which is a book I quite enjoyed so I purchased it. I was the first one that caught my eye so while it wasn't completely random it was the first book I picked up at a book store. I find this category risky, especially if you go into a used book store as often there is little rhyme or reason as to how books are catalogued. I think heading to the New Releases section is a good plan. My pick turned out alright, gave it a 3/5 as I found it somewhat predictable.