Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Current projects > Character - not author! - Interviews

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Hi guys,

In between writing my second novel (and a day job, and kids, and cats...) I also run a blog dedicated to interviewing the characters out of books.

This is a new take on book-blogging, instead of the tired format of reviews and author spotlights.

Readers - go check it out, you might find your next favourite:
http://TheProtagonistSpeaks.com

Authors - send me a message if you'd like to participate! By the responses I've got so far, this is about to go viral :)

Cheers!
Assaph

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments I'd love to participate! I do have interviews with my three main characters ready to go, or we could start fresh if you prefer. Here's an example of one post:
http://counteractbook.com/meet-my-cha...

message 3: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Tracy wrote: "I'd love to participate! I do have interviews with my three main characters ready to go, or we could start fresh if you prefer. Here's an example of one post:
http://counteractbook.com/meet-my-cha..."

Looks nice! Thanks for responding :)

I use a somewhat different format for the blog though. 5-7 questions, mixed between plot/background and zany, odd-ball questions. I'll send you a PM with the details, and we can arrange it.

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Thanks, Assaph! I'll send you back Tommy's answers and links to the books shortly. :)

message 5: by Tony (new)

Tony Duxbury | 11 comments Assaph wrote: "Hi guys,

In between writing my second novel (and a day job, and kids, and cats...) I also run a blog dedicated to interviewing the characters out of books.

This is a new take on book-blogging, i..."

I would love to participate.

message 6: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Tony wrote: "I would love to participate. "

Awesome! Sent you a DM with the details :)

message 7: by EJ (new)

EJ Fisch (ejfisch) | 20 comments How fun! I'd love to do this :)

message 8: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments E.J. wrote: "How fun! I'd love to do this :)"

Ditto - check your messages :)

message 9: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 200 comments Personally, I prefer both reading character interview and answering them too. They can be so much fun, and original. Great idea Assaph!

message 10: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments G.G. wrote: "Personally, I prefer both reading character interview and answering them too. They can be so much fun, and original. Great idea Assaph!"

Perfect! Then both subscribe to the blog and let me interview LX ;-)

message 11: by G.G. (last edited Dec 03, 2015 07:53PM) (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 200 comments I already subscribed on the first day you posted this thread. As I said, I love character interview. (And I never read author interviews.)

As for LX, I'm going through tough medicine treatments at the moment and I'm not sure it wouldn't reflect on LX's wits. But if you don't mind, I could have a look at the questions and see if my mind is working well enough to find something that makes sense to reply.

message 12: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments G.G. wrote: "I already subscribed on the first day you posted this thread. As I said, I love character interview. (And I never read author interviews.)

As for LX, I'm going through tough medicine treatments a..."

Sorry to hear - hope it all works out well!
I sent you the info. Feel free to respond at your leisure, or not at all. Remember, the objective is to have fun with a bit of distraction.

Cheers!
Assaph

message 13: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 200 comments Thanks for both the questions and the words of encouragement. :)

I replied to your message. I love the questions. I think it should be easy to have fun with them. :P

message 14: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments G.G. wrote: "Thanks for both the questions and the words of encouragement. :)

I replied to your message. I love the questions. I think it should be easy to have fun with them. :P"

Excellent!

message 15: by Imowen (new)

Imowen Lodestone (lodestonethedawnofhope) | 123 comments Just checked out the archive interviews on your web page. I would love to participate sign me up and get back to me.
Here's my books website http://www.seasonsofpainseries.com
email: imowen@seasonsofpainsereis.com

message 16: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Got it! Will respond over email later today.

message 17: by Martin (new)

Martin Wilsey | 55 comments Sounds like fun!: martin.wilsey@gmail.com

message 18: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Ha! I owe you an interview anyway :-)
I'll email you later today.

message 19: by K.P. (new)

K.P. Merriweather (kp_merriweather) | 189 comments I'd like to give it a try! kpmerriweather at gmail dot com. this looks like fun

message 20: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Imown, Martin & KP - sent you all the info and questions!

message 21: by M.E. (new)

M.E. Vaughan (mevaughan) | 6 comments I'd really love to take part in this please! :D

message 22: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments My main character is out in the asteroid belt, and replies to each question would take over an hour. But I'm sure Lisa would be happy to answer your questions.

dpenn at acm dot org.

message 23: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments M.E. - sent you a DM.
Richard - sent you an email.

BTW, I am now scheduling interviews though May 2016 - this blog has gotten even more popular than my novel, in half the time... :-)

message 24: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Willis | 258 comments Looks fascinating. I'm sure Midshipman Colyer would give this a go

message 25: by Richard (new)

Richard Penn (richardpenn) | 758 comments Hi Assaph, do you have any way of telling if anyone's reading the interview you put up? Has anyone commented on it?

message 26: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Richard wrote: "Hi Assaph, do you have any way of telling if anyone's reading the interview you put up? Has anyone commented on it?"

Hi Richard,

I have the stats from WordPress. They are not always the most accurate, but they are decently indicative.

There weren't any comments on Lisa's interview (there rarely are), but there were about 20 views and couple of "likes" on the article by other bloggers.

I advertise each post on Facebook (dedicated page + sharing), plus tweets throughout the week. Some people on encountering the site will go through the archives, and some authors will keep advertising the interviews occasionally on social media to keep interest.
I also sometimes run "best of" tweets - when I have the time...

Hope this helps :)

message 27: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 13 comments I LOVE doing character interviews!! They're so much more fun imo than doing a regular author interview. If you're still doing them, Assaph, I'd love to do one!

message 28: by Assaph (new)

Assaph Mehr | 28 comments Lyra wrote: "I LOVE doing character interviews!! They're so much more fun imo than doing a regular author interview. If you're still doing them, Assaph, I'd love to do one!"

Hi Lyra,

Sure - although the site is fully booked till the end of the year... (Last time I extended a general invite, I was totally overwhelmed with responses!

Can I ask you to fill out the Contact form on the site? I'll keep it on file till the next round of invitations. I hope Ayn can wait ;-)

Cheers!

message 29: by Lyra (new)

Lyra Shanti (lyrashanti) | 13 comments Hehe Thanks, Assaph. I'll head to your site now. And yes, I'm sure Ayn can exercise patience. He is a spiritual leader, after all. ;)

message 30: by R.F.G. (new)

R.F.G. Cameron | 296 comments There are a few androids (who've yelled their stories at me) who would likely have fun with an interview.