2016 Choose Your Own Challenge Challenge discussion

Prompt Discussions > A book with a protagonist who has your occupation

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Bates | 195 comments Mod
I'm a teacher by training but a stay at home mom at the moment, what do you do?

message 2: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) Bartender at the moment, therapist by training. I guess I'm also a writer, but I dont get paid for it, so I probably shouldnt count that, haha. I have no idea what I'll choose for this one, but I'm open to using either occupation to fulfill the prompt. Let me know if you think of anything!

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill Tool | 30 comments I have a degree in Accounting but I've yet to find a book where someone is in that field. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

message 4: by Nailil (new)

Nailil (nellah) I am a teacher too but for me reading is an escapism so I don't want to read about someone who is a lot like me. lol

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I'm an accountant and I just finished Brooklyn, the protagonist is a bookkeeper training to be an accountant. It's definitely not the focus of the book but it does fit into the category for all my fellow accountants out there.

message 6: by Tara (new)

Katherine, one of the protagonists in the novel You is an aspiring writer, I haven't read it but it looks really good and is on my tb.

message 7: by Tara (new)

Jill the book skipping Christmas has an accountant protagonist

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine (kiik) Whoa, You looks really creepy. But interesting. I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks, Tara!

message 9: by Tara (new)

It totally looks extra creepy!! Lol but fascinating to Me :)

message 10: by Tara (new)

Another finished book that fits a prompt I didn't initially choose lol Paige Kellerman's The Beer's Folded and the Laundry's Cold. Awesome book :)

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily Wrayburn (emilywrayburn) Anybody got any suggestions for books with a librarian protagonist? I am trying to read Air Awakens at the moment but I'm at 30% and I'm SO BORED so I think it might be a DNF... A suggestion for another way to fill this prompt would be welcome. Note I read The Invisible Library last year, so that one is out.

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy | 89 comments I read and enjoyed The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry The protagonist is a bookseller so somewhat in the same realm...

Good luck, let us know what you choose.

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Wrayburn (emilywrayburn) Mandy wrote: "I read and enjoyed The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry The protagonist is a bookseller so somewhat in the same realm...

Good luck, let us know what you choose."

I ave that one on my TBR. It might do if nothing else pops up.

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bemkah) | 1 comments Emily wrote: "Anybody got any suggestions for books with a librarian protagonist? I am trying to read Air Awakens at the moment but I'm at 30% and I'm SO BORED so I think it might be a DNF... A s..."

I LOVED Lirael by Garth Nix. The first third of the book is set in a library and it's magic. Downside is that it's the second in a trilogy so you'd need to have read Sabriel first.