Lovely Reading discussion

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
This topic is about The Sword of Summer
December 2015 and January 2016 > The Sword of Summer: After

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Femke (new) - added it

Femke | 70 comments When you have finished The Sword of Summer, you can put your final thoughts about the book in this discussion board.

Please give a short review and maybe you could ask a question to the other group members if you want to know their opinion about something that happened in the book.

message 2: by Mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mia (souffezgirl) I really liked this one. The choice of Nordic mythology was quite different and it was fun to see his take on it (especially being Scandinavian born and bred and growing up with all of those stories XD). He has a real talent for writing humorous dialogue and for writing in a way that makes it impossible to put down and this one is no different. I do feel as if I couldn't tell much of a difference between Magnus' voice and Percy's though, but it wasn't as big of a deal once the story got going. So overall, really liked it.

Emily Andsager | 9 comments I liked Magnus. And his friends. But the strop line wasn't that GoOD. HOW COULD MAGNUS NOT FIGHT. WHY DID THE SWORD DO EVERYTHING!! I did find the random talking things hilarious. Even through the book was pretty good. I defiantly want to get the next one.

Emily Andsager | 9 comments Story line *

Emily Andsager | 9 comments I LOVED THE TALKING GOAT THAT TOLD THEM TO EAT HIM. HAHAH