Girls Only Book Club discussion

Challenges > December Challenge

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) For the December Challenge!! We are going to HELP this month!! Well, here is what HELP stands for.
H--Help everyone
E--Encourage someone
L--Love all
P--Please God
Here is the thing, each day of the month we have to do at least one part of HELP. Either encourage or love, please or help. It is up to you. And for this challenge, we would like to encourage you to keep a HELP journal. Each day, write what you did to HELP!
If you have any questions, please ask any one of us mods! ;)

message 2: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) I am going to start this today!!!

message 3: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) I'm excited!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Good challenge! :)

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna Me too!

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) AWESOME! I am so glad!!! If you aren't keeping a journal, please post what you did to HELP on here!!!

message 7: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Tuesday, December 1:
This may seem silly, but I played with my little sister. You know? She is a tom boy girl and, well, I am the exact opposite. And sometimes, I just have to be nice and do that. So, I did all of them today! I helped her make her project, encourage when she didn't think she could do it, loved her while I was at it, and please God in the process! ;)

message 8: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) That is totally not silly Haley!! Great job!! :) Today I managed to keep my patience while babysitting, there was one toddler who wouldn't stop crying. Again, small thing, but even small victories have impacts right?

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Today I offered to help two boys in one of my homeschool classes to study since they aren't doing very well. I know that it would please God if I took some time to tutor them. Please pray that it goes well!

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna And great job Haley and Tamara! Even the little things we do to help, encourage, and love please God! :)

message 11: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Great job everyone!!!
December 2:
I didn't get mad when I could not get this problem done! I struggle with certain things in Algebra. It is gets really hard.

December 3:
Okay, so I definitely loved!! So, my aunt called. My sister and I drove up with her yesterday to the U.P. Marquette, ya know? Anyway, then tomorrow, my brother who loves in Wisconsin will pick us up and we will stay with my bro and sis-in-law for a whole week and two days!

message 12: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) December 4:
Helped my sister with her school. (BTW, her birthday is tomorrow! She is turning 12!) And helped her carry some things out and around.

message 13: by Anna (last edited Dec 04, 2015 07:57AM) (new)

Anna Today I am tutoring those two boys! Please pray that I will be able to help them!
Great job Haley!

message 14: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Ohh!! I am definitely praying!! I hope everything goes well!

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna Thanks! It will be kind of awkward because everybody thinks I like one of these boys (I don't!) and he likes me, so... :/

message 16: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh, no, that is going to be awkward, especially if the boy likes you and you don't like him. but i bet it will go all right. ;)

message 17: by Anna (new)

Anna Thanks, I hope so! They are also both shy, so that makes it even more awkward...

message 18: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Oh boy, I am definitely praying. Are they your age too?

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna I'm almost 15 and they are both 16.

message 20: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Okay, I really do hope things go well.

message 21: by Anna (new)

Anna Thanks!

message 22: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) ;)

message 23: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Okay, for the past few days, I have done HELP but I am not going to post them right now.

message 24: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) How is everyone's going?

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna Today I helped my mom make dinner! I loved my family, my mom and I pleased God!

message 26: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Georges  (tamarasinnamon) That's awesome Anna!
On that note I guess I could mention that I went shopping for my mom today. :)

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna Good job Tamara!

message 28: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Great job!

message 29: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Today I helped my sister in law and sister make paper ornaments!