Lovely Reading discussion

The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
This topic is about The Sword of Summer
December 2015 and January 2016 > The Sword of Summer: Before

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Femke (last edited Dec 01, 2015 12:20PM) (new) - added it

Femke We will be reading The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan these two months. Leave your expectations about the book in this topic.
Why have you picked up this book? Or why do you want to read it? And what do you hope to read in this book? And which characters are you hoping that are making a come back in this new series?

What is the book about?
The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan
Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .

Happy reading!

message 2: by Femke (new) - added it

Femke I know that a few of you have read this book. I want to read it, but I'm not sure if I can read it without having read the other books of Rick Riordan. Am I able to read it or do I have to read the other books first?

Emily Andsager | 9 comments Your fine reading this one.