Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1) by Scott Lynch → Start Date: December 13th, 2015

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments please join Vicki, Brooke and me in this buddy read if you can!

message 2: by Brooke (new) - added it

Brooke  (brookeluvsbooks) Can't wait!!

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I've got this book during a book-buying frenzy aa long while ago and still couldn't start reading it. I'm definitely in.

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 83 comments This is a great book. One of my favorites.

message 5: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I think this one will be like a classic! I can't wait!

Thanks for making the thread, Trisha.

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments I'm starting this one tonight for sure. I've read only the preface so far and can't wait to get to the book itself, especially after reading Patrick Rothfuss praising it.

message 7: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Who is Patrick Rothfruss?

message 8: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm starting tonight too!

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments He is the author of the Kingkiller Chronicles. The first book is The Name of the Wind, one of my favorites. I suggest you read it as soon as you have some time.

message 10: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Thanks, Melek.

message 11: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments so I have the worst copy possible! LOL the book is HUGE with the smallest print I've ever seen.
I'm requesting a new copy from the library. hopefully I get a better one!

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments Fingers crossed!
I didn't have much time to read either, I could reach page 100 or so today and I'm already in love with it. The writing takes some time to get used to, but it's great as well.

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments On page 454 at the moment and I'm planning to either finishing or coming very close to it. It's a pity that I haven't read this one sooner. It'll be one of my favorites.
How are you doing? Got your new copy?

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments Finished. Someone drown me in the sequels please.

Naomi  (purplebookdragon) | 83 comments The sequels are just as good :)

message 16: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Melek wrote: "Finished. Someone drown me in the sequels please."

WOW! I'm so glad you loved it!!

I started last night but didn't make it very far
I'm picking it back up now
I'll update soon!

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I'm 25% in (library ebook)

I'm through Chapter 3: Imaginary Men

Wow, this one is really good

Locke Lamora(view spoiler)

Sabetha(view spoiler)

Chains(view spoiler)

I plan to read another 25% tomorrow and take 3 more days to read this!

Melek (chaissar) | 76 comments Ha, I loved your idea about Sabetha, I haven't thought of that but now that I do, it makes sense. O.o

message 19: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm behind as usual, but will try starting this in the next couple days.