Relinquut Corpus Meum - An Advanced Roleplay discussion

Orientation > questions, suggestions, concerns, heartfelt wishes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 113 (113 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

sucre'd fiend (sucredfiend) | 560 comments Mod
Address those here.

message 2: by katie (new)

katie (kaaaaaaaaatie) heeeey just wondering are the pacific islands, new zealand etc (pacifica/australasia) included in this? bc it s currently just australia and yea

message 3: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

I'm not sure if I eann include them just yet. I started with the seven continents, but can expand the reach of either side as the roleplay goes on/the group grows.

message 4: by katie (new)

katie (kaaaaaaaaatie) ohh um the continent with australia and new zealand and the pacific islands is australasia!! not just australia

message 5: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

ah, damn, I knew I would do something wrong. Thanks for pointing that out ^-^

message 6: by katie (new)

katie (kaaaaaaaaatie) no problem sometimes new zealand comes as a suprise to me and i live there so

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) Do we need to submit our character(s) for approval before posting them in the completed threads? If so, where do I tell you that Lilith is ready for critiquing?

message 8: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

aish, I was still thinking over that.
I'll make an approval thread.

message 9: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 466 comments Mod
so like do the demons have any abilities? Or is it just they can possess people and collect souls?

message 10: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

They do
but it's the stuff you'd typically allot to them
like telekinesis and such

message 11: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

*scratches head* well honestly I don't know what a demons typical powers are....

well would a demon who is the embodiment of lust have any type of powers correlating to that? Like pheromone manipulation or lust inducement or something of that sort?

Also I'm not entirely sure what type of artifact I should have for my charrie? He's got a genetic artifact but I'm not really sure what type of stuff is allowed or not

message 12: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Yes, as the embodiment of a sin, he could have powers associated with it.

Well, would you like for him to be more defensive or offensive?
Did you have anything in mind for personality yet, as that can help with deciding on what shape it takes.

message 13: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

mkay ^-^ I wanted to check first to be safe

defo offensive
and his personality is like normally super chill, but in a fight he's practically a beserker except not as reckless dive right into it but like he'll fight til there's nothing left

message 14: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Hmmm
Maybe he could have a part of his body that changes into a weapon? Or plated skin that allows him to be defensive and offensive?

You're keeping his tattoos, right? Since it's part of his skin, he could also have some sort of ink manifestation ability that he uses.

message 15: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

oh yeah, I'm totally keeping the tattoos he is too sexy with them

Hmmm....part of his body changing into a weapon is interesting, or maybe some sort of ink manifestation....both are a really good idea haha

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments What would you think of a genetic artifact being the ability to push a demon from its host body, making it more vulnerable to kill and such? I'm still trying to figure out how the demons work lol

message 17: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Would the person have to come into contact with the host body? Because the artifact would need to come into contact with the demon or host body in order to do any sort of damage. It likely wouldn't work against the higher level demons, either, since they can take on their own physical form.

message 18: by × gracious (semi-hiatus) (last edited Dec 05, 2015 11:17AM) (new)

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments Yes, they would have to come into contact with it-- I'm just trying to figure out something I could give my Peruvian expurgent :p

any ideas or suggestions fiend? If he gets a genetic artifact, I would want it to be defensive and if it was non-genetic, I'd probably say like a crossbow or something (maybe a crossbow that once locked onto its target, an arrow can reach it no matter where it goes?)

message 19: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

Would ink manifestation with the body weapon thing work as an artifact? Loke the ink forma fhe weapon or something?

message 20: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Hmm, well, I've been making my artifacts based on personality, or things I think would fit well with the appearance.

Uhm, for a genetic artifact of a defensive kind, I think I suggested plated skin for Kiks. You could also do something along the lines of specific body parts that either turn into or produce shields.

For non-genetic, you can do basically anything. One idea I have in mind for a future character is that she has gauntlets that are a reinforced metal substance that works well offensively and defensively. Another idea for a more defensive character is that he can create a containment field for demons and soldiers, as to keep civilians out of fights.

You could also have a non-genetic artifact implanted into an animal and controlled by the Expurget.

I'm thinking I may make that optional for all Expurget.

message 21: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Kikki. don't ask questions when you've been told where the answer is wrote: "Would ink manifestation with the body weapon thing work as an artifact? Loke the ink forma fhe weapon or something?"

Yes, it would. Since the ink is mixed into his skin cells, it'd become part of his body. Thus, the artifact can utilize it.

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments I like the containment field idea! I'm assuming that would be non genetic? (Or maybe the artifact could be implanted in his brain so he can mentally project the containment shield?)

message 23: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Oh, that was an idea for one of my own characters ^-^
but you can go ahead and use it.

For a genetic artifact, it'd probably have to do more with creating a force-field of sorts around the specified demon.

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments eeeep I'm sorry I didn't realize! No no, I'll do some research online and find some inspiration ^-^

message 25: by × gracious (semi-hiatus) (last edited Dec 05, 2015 12:06PM) (new)

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments How does this sound: genetic artifact in which he has chromatophores that allow him to not only become invisible/blend into his surroundings but he also has the uncanny ability to mask his own energy presence? This would mean that any demon/white lotus soldier couldn't see or sense him unless they had a specific artifact that allowed them to do it.

message 26: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

That sounds good. Just find some sort of limitation that would make it not seem too overpowered.

× gracious (semi-hiatus) | 55 comments Ok! Will do :)

message 28: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

sucre'd fiend wrote: "Kikki. don't ask questions when you've been told where the answer is wrote: "Would ink manifestation with the body weapon thing work as an artifact? Loke the ink forma fhe weapon or something?"

Ye..."

WHOO!

message 29: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

I just need to figure out how to word it lol

message 30: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

You could say that the artifact lifts the particles of the ink from the skin and manipulates it into a solid form?

message 31: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

that sounds much better than my thing XD that is perf! Thank you!

message 32: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

No problem~

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Ah man, I just totally think of the guy from Guardians of the Galaxy with the arrow he controls with a whistle, and that is the coolest shit to me- not that I'm going to use it, but it's probably going to be something my researcher is working on developing.

message 34: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

oooomg that would be an awesome artifact

message 35: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

I remember that!
That would be interesting to develop as a holy artifact ^-^

message 36: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

i agree!

message 37: by ash. (new)

ash. I know this might be a dumb question or maybe it was already awnswerd. Are we allowed to make humans that aren't involved in the White Lotus ?

message 38: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Yes, you may make humans not involved with the White Lotus ^-^

message 39: by ash. (new)

ash. okay thank you!

message 40: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

np~

message 41: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

ⓩⓦⓘⓝⓚ { тнε [ᴇᴄʜᴏ] ιη тнε мιяяσя } wrote: "Ah man, I just totally think of the guy from Guardians of the Galaxy with the arrow he controls with a whistle, and that is the coolest shit to me- not that I'm going to use it, but it's probably g..."

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllyyyy wanna use this idea for an artifact for my charrie, can I? pretty please?

message 42: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

meep?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Go for it, Kiks!! Who are you planning to use it for?

message 44: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

WHOO! um probably my Expurget since Fiend helped me with an artifact for my Purgo, she's a north american one, but I was toying with switching her to Europe, did you wanna have it be your researcher came up with it? I can switch her if you're researcher is somewhere else

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

would a demon be able to change their appearance on a whim (perhaps like a metamorphmagus) as a power? They can possess humans but I was thinking their actual body.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, he's settled himself in Asia, but I was intending on making him half-Asian anyway, so he likely will have spend some time elsewhere in the research department. He sort of travels around and helps out different groups as they need him.

message 47: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

so perhaps he went to North America at some point and she talked with him or something about an artifact the research group there were stuck on that was being made for her and he finished it or something? Would that work? If not I can switch her to Europe and say he dipped by the research place in Europe instead, whichever would work better.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

North America would work fine. :) Whichever one. His mother was Korean, and his father was American. Due to his father's job, he traveled a lot during childhood (it's why he has trouble truly settling now), so he learned a ton of languages and easily travels without much thought.

message 49: by Kikki, I'm a sinner who will always sin again- Lust (new)

^-^ okay cool~ I just wanted to check first haha, I'll make sure to include that your charrie made her artifact.

speaking of, did you think of a name to call it? I'm still toying with ideas but if you came up with anything I'm totally cool with using that instead!

message 50: by sucre'd fiend, born sinner (new)

Bella wrote: "would a demon be able to change their appearance on a whim (perhaps like a metamorphmagus) as a power? They can possess humans but I was thinking their actual body."

It depends on the level. Kings and Knights have their own physical form, which would make sense for them to be able to change their appearance. Rooks, after an extended period of time in one body ( usually over a hundred years ), can have their host body take on the features of the body that had in life. Pawns are unable to do the same, and have to stick with hosts bodies.

It depends primarily on level and age, if that makes sense.

« previous 1 3