War and Peace War and Peace question

Is this book anything similar to Les Miserables (from the following point of view)?
reli reli Dec 01, 2015 07:19AM
I am currently reading Les Miserables and I love it. The author takes us to places which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the main story but the moral and/or social commentary is mind blowing.

The reason why I started reading Les Miserables is that I know it's about two characters, so no matter where the story takes me, I know it will bring me back to the main story line

I have a feeling that war and peace is just all over the place. Characters change and all sorts.

There is one really big similarly between Les Miserables and War and Peace - they both have 365 chapters. Or 366. Depending on the edition.

Not really. There are several core characters (Pierre, Natasha, Andrei, Maria, Nikolai) and the story revolves around them. Of course there are many minor characters that come and go, but the main story lines always go back to the central characters. Even the war and the battles are usually described from their POV.

I agree with Stefania but will go one step further: Pierre and Natasha take center stage imo, so yes it's a bit like Les Miserables. But, to me, Les Mis is a far better book than War and Peace, the latter being at least 1/3rd too long and far longer than the former.