Addicted to YA discussion

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
Series > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5143 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part? Will you read the next one?

Michele Darouni (michele_darouni) This one is my favorite in the series !!

message 3: by Brie (new) - added it

Brie (briester510) | 9 comments My fav is 'Half-Blood Prince', but so happy to be reading this with you all.

Deborah Sastroredjo (lievedebs) | 1 comments I always love Harry Potter. I want to do a reread so bad, but life gets in the way. I need a vacation so I can read and not worry about getting to work

Tyler Mcgraw (mceg) I was actually re-reading the series through October. I am currently working on the Deathly Hallows.

Last time I read the series was 8 years ago when the final book came out.
I splurged and reread the whole series in school before the book actually came out.
I got into a bit of trouble because I would read during lectures and stuff!

So I wont be reading the fourth, But i will read a Harry Potter Book this month! lol

Ciara (rebelc) I've read through all the books, but I have never a huge fan of them. I won't reread the series as there is way too many other books and series I want to read, the books are so large. However, I do remember that out of the books this one and the half blood prince were my favorite.

Allison Steadman Deborah wrote: "I always love Harry Potter. I want to do a reread so bad, but life gets in the way. I need a vacation so I can read and not worry about getting to work"

Same. I really want to reread it even though I just read it last year. It was such a good series that I could read it over and over again and never get bored, but there just doesn't ever seem to be even time.

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (janeroyal) I have only read the first three of the series. I know, I know - I must be from another planet. I always get to Goblet and get about a quarter in and quit. I'm starting library school in January and want to work in YA field. My kids laughed and told me I better finish Harry Potter and Hunger Games if I think I'm going into YA. Needless to say, I am thrilled with this selection!

Alli (australstar) | 2 comments Deborah wrote: "I always love Harry Potter. I want to do a reread so bad, but life gets in the way. I need a vacation so I can read and not worry about getting to work"

Me too!
I cant believe how long ago they came out & since I read them. I really wish this thing called work didn't exist!

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa | 1 comments Michele wrote: "This one is my favorite in the series !!"

I think the first one is my favorite favorite overall, but that said, I loved Azkaban until I read this one, and then Goblet was my favorite until Order of the Phoenix. :)

message 11: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Morris | 32 comments I LOVE Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!! I love the whole series, of course, but this has got to be one of my favourites! I actually finished the ENTIRE book in TWO days!!! I would say that this is the book where all the complications start increasing, and I was just so engrossed!

message 12: by Ash (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ash (ashthemagicbookdragon) GoF was my favorite after Prisoner of Azkaban. It was actually the HP series that turned me into the book geek I am today, and it always be #1 to me <3

message 13: by Emmy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emmy (bookqueen30) | 16 comments i love the whole of the harry potter series but i mean who doesnt?!I love just getting lost in the magic of hogwarts.

This is my 2nd favourite in the series!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) | 1 comments This is my favourite book of the series. I think the Triwizard Tournament is a really exciting aspect, and the challenges are so cool to read about. :)

Nelou Keramati (neloukeramati) I was away on vacation when I picked up Goblet of Fire. Big mistake as I locked myself up in my hotel room and binge-read the entire book!
So fantastic. It's almost heart-breaking that magic isn't real. 3
I really hope Jo Rowling will reconsider writing an 8th book, considering she already knows in her mind exactly what will transpire afterwards!

message 16: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie  Torres  | 1 comments I want to reread them but with finals it's just impossible.

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 194 comments Best series ever! This is one of my favourites.

Hannah Smith (amortalreader) I love Goblet of Fire, one of my absolute favourites but oh the feels!
I wasn't the only one to cry my eyes out over the ending was I?

Evelyne Please don't judge me for this one, but on the contrary of alot of others opinion, this book was my least favourite one. It was too different from the other ones. I love the writing about living at Hogwarts in the other 6 books so much, but in the Goblet of Fire, this wasn't the case. You have the hole thing going on with the tournement and ofcourse that's kind of what this book was about, but sorry I just didn't like it as much as the books.

Evelyne *I meant, I didn't like it as much as the other Harry Potter books

message 21: by Chandler (new)

Chandler Brett (chandlerbrett) My daughter blazed through the Harry Potter books until she hit this one. The ending troubled her. She did finally read Order of the Phoenix, but has stalled in her completion of the series.