The Book Vipers discussion

Group Read Archive > Group Non Fiction Read - January 2016 - Nominations Thread

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jo (last edited Dec 03, 2015 02:39AM) (new)

Jo Weston (joster) | 1697 comments Mod
The nominations thread for the January Non-Fiction Read is now open, please suggest your book choices below. January is a free choice month, no subject applies.

Please remember that:
1. We do not allow self-promotion or self-published books.
2. All books need to be seconded by someone else in order to get to the voting stage and
3. Nominations must be readily available in as many formats as possible at a reasonable price.

This thread will remain open until 5th December and then will be closed for voting.

Buried in Books: A Reader's Anthology automatically goes through to the poll as last month's runner up and does not need to be re-nominated or seconded. I will update the list below once a day.

Nominated:

Nominated and Seconded:

Buried in Books: A Reader's Anthology
Hitch-22: A Memoir
The Land Where Lemons Grow: The Story of Italy and its Citrus Fruit
Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments Is there a topic for the non-fiction or is it a free-for-all?

message 3: by Jo (new)

I refer you to my message above!

message 4: by Pink (new)

Pink I'll nominate Hitch-22: A Memoir as I thought it a worthy runner up last time. Plus I have it on my kindle :)

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason (jasondenness) | 1877 comments Jo wrote: "I refer you to my message above!"

If only I could read. haha

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (bibliohound) | 359 comments I will second Hitch-22: A Memoir for the same reasons as Pink :)

message 9: by Bella (new)

Bella | 80 comments Paul wrote: "I will nominate The Land Where Lemons Grow: The Story of Italy and its Citrus Fruit by Helena Attlee"

I'll second this. It'll be nice to go to sunny, beautiful Italy, even if it's only in the pages of a book. (We just had our first freeze warning in November! Can't imagine what January's going to be like.)

message 11: by Jo (new)

I will second Ghettoside

message 14: by Jo (last edited Dec 04, 2015 01:20AM) (new)

List updated up to here 4.12.15.

message 15: by Paul (new)