Bibliophile Babes Book Club discussion

The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
Past Discussions > DISCUSSION QUESTIONS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate (Lillytales) (lillytales) | 122 comments Mod
Hi readers!

Below are this month's discussion questions for Becky Chambers' book, The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet. I know a couple of you haven't finished the read just yet, but I've included some overall questions that can be answered by everyone :) As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this novel.

DISCUSSION #1
Which character, if any, were you most intrigued by?

DISCUSSION #2
If you could sum up The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet in THREE words, what would they be?

DISCUSSION #3
I found this book to be really character driven, did you find this approach interesting or would you have liked to see more action/plot?

DISCUSSION #4
The characters within this story are a wide range of different fantastical species. Did you find it easy to envisage what they looked like/sounded like during the read?

DISCUSSION #5
How did you feel when Rosemary's mysterious past was revealed? Did this change your feelings towards her as a character?

DISCUSSION #6
Did you find the fantasy world depicted in this novel to be authentic? Was it somewhere you would like to explore?

Sara Penny | 86 comments Mod
Kate Butler wrote: "DISCUSSION #1
Which character, if any, were you most intrigued by?"

The only character I was (a little) intrigued by was Ohan. The others all felt a bit predictable and stereotypical.
It was an interesting concept, a disease inhibiting your brain and making you believe life is better that way. Who knows how much control it had over his thoughts and feelings? It made me wonder how much of his personality remained after he was cured, especially since Lovey was basically considered dead when she lost her personality. I guess the difference is Ohan kept his memories.

Sara Penny | 86 comments Mod
Kate Butler wrote: "DISCUSSION #5
How did you feel when Rosemary's mysterious past was revealed? Did this change your feelings towards her as a character?"

I was properly expecting some sort of life or death flee after unintentionally getting mixed up in a bank robbery or something lol it was a bit of a disappointment.
Couldn't she have just changed her surname? That's effectively what she did, as all her records and merits were carried over to her new identity.