When You Reach Me When You Reach Me question

When You Reach Me External Conflict
Maya Levine Maya (last edited Dec 03, 2015 10:21AM ) Nov 30, 2015 10:24AM
I think this book was amazingly written and well done especially with the external conflict. For example, the main character Miranda is getting mysterious notes from an anonymous writer. This mystery and conflict drives the entire story. Miranda being a pro active character, tries to piece the puzzle of the mystery notes together. At first she has no luck trying to piece together the mystery, but after several encounters with the crazy man, she figures it out. The excellent use of plot really contributes to the external conflict and makes the story more interesting. In my opinion, the conflict going on around all the characters was perfect for their traits, and time period. (Background knowledge: When you reach me takes place in New York City during the 1960ś). overall this book was a complete success, I absolutely loved it and I recommend it!

What I still don't understand is how she was able to connect that Marcus is the future laughing man. Marcus did say before that (I'm paraphrasing here) a sixty-two year old person who might time-travel to the past won't be recognized anymore, so she might have reached her conclusion based on that. Still, he might have said all this based on his hunches alone and not because he had already discovered time-travel.

It could have been any person connected to Miranda. It could have been any of the garage boys. I'm still not sold on Marcus.