All About YA discussion

Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romances
This topic is about Let It Snow
BOTM Archives > December 2015 BOTM: Let it Snow

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Erin Lynn | 2727 comments Mod
Get out your favorite fleece blanket and a mug of hot chocolate! We're reading Let it Snow in December to ring in the holiday season!

Feel free to discuss the stories here.

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Yay! Super excited, I've been wanting to read this for probably over a year now :)

message 3: by Aubrey (new)

Aubrey | 2 comments I really want to read this and am so excited too!!

message 4: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Has anyone started reading yet?

message 5: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta | 102 comments I got this as a gift for Christmas from who was my close friend at the time. from what I remember it was amazing. lol. maybe I'll reread it

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Just got this from the library :) will start soon

Manveer (manveerssj4) Read this during the summer. I know, it was probably the worst time to read this. Not sure if I want to read it again so soon!

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments I've read the first two stories so far! They were just okay reads for me, but they did go by very quickly. I think I like the first (Maureen Johnson's?) better than the second (John Green's) so far. I didn't know that the stories would be connected to each other though, so that's definitely interesting! I'll probably try to wrap the book up within the next day and am excited to see everyone else's opinions!

Amelia (meelz_xo) This book is also part of a Christmas bookathon that I'm doing - keen to read it soon :D

message 10: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Manveer wrote: "Read this during the summer. I know, it was probably the worst time to read this. Not sure if I want to read it again so soon!"

I love that you read it in the summer! I read My True Love Gave to Me in September of Last year, and for some reason, it got me into the Christmas spirit.

message 11: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Amelia wrote: "This book is also part of a Christmas bookathon that I'm doing - keen to read it soon :D"

I'm hoping to start it soon, too!

message 12: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Quick Question:

Which of the covers of this book do you like best?

A. Let It Snow by John Green B. Let It Snow by John Green C. Let it Snow by John Green D. Let It Snow by John Green

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments I definitely like C the best, but my library copy is cover A

message 14: by Becca (new) - added it

Becca Davidson (catbookandneedle) I'm reading this for my book club's BOTM as well :) What a coincidence! I've just read the first story in the series, and I'm all warm and fuzzy inside at the cute Christmassy fluff.

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments Finished this book last night already! Overall, it was cute and perfect for the holiday season. I rated it 4 stars. The last story was probably my least favorite, but I did enjoy seeing it all wrap up.

message 16: by Roseena (new)

Roseena Peralta | 102 comments c I owned a tho

Alyssa Galarza (yayacg) | 3 comments so excited I just bought this one!!!

message 18: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole (thebookstronaut) I'm going to read it as soon as I'm done with my current read! It's summer where I live but it's still Christmas so hopefully it'll help me feel more festive ^.^

Manveer (manveerssj4) Erin Lynn wrote: "Manveer wrote: "Read this during the summer. I know, it was probably the worst time to read this. Not sure if I want to read it again so soon!"

I love that you read it in the summer! I read My Tru..."

Likewise! I wish it were winter all year round! :)

Alyssa Galarza (yayacg) | 3 comments just finished it!!! I am a huge John Green fan but my favorite was The Jubilee Express by Maurer Johnson. it was such a good holiday read. I loved how the stories all intertwined together.

Amelia (meelz_xo) I just finished Let It Snow! And I must say that although John Green is one of my favourite authors, I was a little disappointed in his story :( but really enjoyed the other two! I gave 4/5 stars :)

Manveer (manveerssj4) Even my favorite was The Jubilee Express. Didn't like the other two that much. Goddamnit, I just read that story again. I only wish it snowed out here for once :/

message 23: by Erin Lynn (new) - added it

Thoughts, anyone?

What was your favorite story?
Did you like how the stories were connected?
Will you read this book again?

Emily Shaw (emilyshaw16) | 313 comments I loved that the stories all connected in the end :) However, I don't think I would read this book again, just because it wasn't that exciting. It was cute, but not something I would probably reread.