The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
This topic is about Snow Like Ashes
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch - December 2015

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4600 comments Our Themed BOTM for December is Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raaschl. Please discuss here and remember to use spoiler tags as needed, as everyone may start at different times and reads at different speeds.

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1) by Sara Raasch

Summary
A heartbroken girl. A fierce warrior. A hero in the making.

Sixteen years ago the Kingdom of Winter was conquered and its citizens enslaved, leaving them without magic or a monarch. Now, the Winterians’ only hope for freedom is the eight survivors who managed to escape, and who have been waiting for the opportunity to steal back Winter’s magic and rebuild the kingdom ever since.

Orphaned as an infant during Winter’s defeat, Meira has lived her whole life as a refugee, raised by the Winterians’ general, Sir. Training to be a warrior—and desperately in love with her best friend, and future king, Mather — she would do anything to help her kingdom rise to power again.

So when scouts discover the location of the ancient locket that can restore Winter’s magic, Meira decides to go after it herself. Finally, she’s scaling towers, fighting enemy soldiers, and serving her kingdom just as she’s always dreamed she would. But the mission doesn’t go as planned, and Meira soon finds herself thrust into a world of evil magic and dangerous politics – and ultimately comes to realize that her destiny is not, never has been, her own.

Tracey | 90 comments I'm about 75% of the way through this and have decided it's nothing special. I really like the concept of winter folks vs spring folks, but that's really the only thing I think is really distinguishing this from others of its theme. I'd love to see more of the world building with this one.

Tracey | 90 comments Well now I'm finished. I changed my mind from earlier comment, as the last 25% did have some interesting twists. It just was a bit too late for my taste.

message 4: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4600 comments So disappointing, Chase. Sounds like it wasn't different enough from others in its genre.

Mary-ellen (missy666) | 545 comments I enjoyed Snow Like Ashes. It was an easy read, the plot moved pretty quickly after a slow start. I did find it a little predictable, but liked it anyway. I'll definitely give the second book a read.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Snow Like Ashes (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sara Raasch (other topics)