Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Challenges Archive > Suggestions for Yearly Challenges 2016

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Nov 30, 2015 08:14AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Hello, faithful challenge participants!

I'm going to start working on yearly challenges in the next few weeks, so I'd love some input if you have ideas for them. To try to keep things interesting.

I was thinking about a Library of Congress/Dewey Decimal type challenge.

Any thoughts?

Of course, I will do the Mega-Challenge again. Have to! :)

message 2: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5 comments Are you doing the favorite genre challenge again?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9700 comments Mod
Delitealex wrote: "Are you doing the favorite genre challenge again?"

We certainly can if you want. :)

message 4: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5 comments Yes I didn't get to get in on the last one :)

message 5: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments Hi Danielle,

I love the longer challenges - yearly or quarterly, or even 6 months with set your own start date. I know this isn't really a challenge group, but a Dangerous Heroes group... ;) As long as one of the criteria would be a dangerous hero of some sort....

- I enjoy cover hunt challenges. So, instead of colors or objects, how about types of dangerous heroes on the cover. For example, assassin, thief, swordsman, mage, mercenary, archer, etc.

- I enjoy themed challenges - one month is just werewolves, or creatures of the night. One month is warriors of any kind. One month is first responders of any kind. I know this might be limiting to reading, but there's no rule that says you have to read 10 books. Maybe just 2 or 3?

Thanks all I can think of for now...

message 6: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t I love Netanella's suggestions and second them

message 7: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5 comments I like Netanellas suggestions except I generally dislike color cover challenges.

message 8: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Delitealex wrote: "I like Netanellas suggestions except I generally dislike color cover challenges."

she said instead of color or objects.

message 9: by Delitealex (new)

Delitealex | 5 comments PepperP0t wrote: "Delitealex wrote: "I like Netanellas suggestions except I generally dislike color cover challenges."

she said instead of color or objects."

I didn't see it at the time thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Dec 01, 2015 06:16PM) (new)

Those are great challenge ideas, Netanella. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

We will always have a dangerous hero specific yearly challenge, but we also have those that aren't specific. So it's all good!

message 11: by Andrea (last edited Dec 02, 2015 08:03AM) (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments Netanella wrote: "- I enjoy cover hunt challenges. So, instead of colors or objects, how about types of dangerous heroes on the cover. For example, assassin, thief, swordsman, mage, mercenary, archer, etc.
.. ;) As lo..."

+1 this

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments As encouragement to branch out, we could do a challenge where we had to read a book from some different sub-genres of romance. Here's a good list: http://www.romancewiki.com/Romance_Su...

Andrea wrote: "As encouragement to branch out, we could do a challenge where we had to read a book from some different sub-genres of romance. Here's a good list: http://www.romancewiki.com/Romance_Su..."

That's a great idea. Thanks, Andrea!

message 14: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments I swore I wouldn't do any challenges in 2016 (no time for anything as it is) but this thread already has me salivating! lol. Oh well, I'll be reading anyway so I might as well use it for a challenge, right?

Andrea wrote: "I swore I wouldn't do any challenges in 2016 (no time for anything as it is) but this thread already has me salivating! lol. Oh well, I'll be reading anyway so I might as well use it for a challeng..."

That's right!