Inkshares Community discussion

General > Extensions?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Hey,

I'm just curious how you go about getting an actual extension for your project? I've tried contacting Inkshares multiple times now, and no one at their offices has ever answered me. I sent an email as well, but still haven't heard back from them. I've seen several members contact individuals in the past, so it seems strange that I'm having this much difficulty getting in touch. Anyone know what's up, or how to go about doing this?

message 2: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Weston (acwestonwrites) | 191 comments Mod
I asked for 90 days and they gave me another 30, so I think it's kinda up to them. I'm sorry they haven't replied. Who did you email?

message 3: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments I shot a message to their main email set up on the front page, I haven't seen individual's info posted anywhere (or else I haven't been able to find it).

I also called and left a message, so I'm just waiting to hear back from them at this point. The lack of communication is kind of frustrating, given I'm 90 away and sales have been picking up, and I have a local push soon that should net another 30+, but that won't be until after my expiration date...

message 4: by A.C. (new)

It's just their first name @inkshares.com

I recommend jeremy@inkshares.com; he should respond promptly. It's weird that they haven't responded via the general one, but who knows? Maybe the system just ate the message.

message 5: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Ok thanks, I'll give that a try. Appreciate the help!

message 6: by A.C. (new)

Hey, what's your email? I have an idea I want to run past you...

message 7: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Beejag@gmail.com

message 8: by Yicheng (new)

Yicheng Liu (liu0019) | 229 comments Strange. When I had asked them. They had responded a few days and gave me the exact amount of days I had requested.

message 9: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Jeremey got in touch with me, The Children of the Forest has a 90-day extension and an added reward for the highest tier of backers (a 15-page art booklet, featuring sketches, portraits, and more from my novel!)

message 10: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Arnold Byron wrote: "Hey,

I'm just curious how you go about getting an actual extension for your project? I've tried contacting Inkshares multiple times now, and no one at their offices has ever answered me. I sent an..."

That's weird. They responded to me right away when I contacted them through the hello email address. Glad to see you ended up getting the extension through Jeremy's.

message 11: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments Maybe this was answered in a post elsewhere, but I'm just now getting into the forums here so excuse my ignorance...

But how much of a deadline to finish / edit-finish your work after reaching your goal? Does the amount of time depend on the scope (i.e. estimated page count)?

Personally, I work better when I'm on a deadline. It's when no one's expecting me to finish something by a certain time that I get lazy. Still, just curious.

message 12: by A.C. (new)

Joseph wrote: "Maybe this was answered in a post elsewhere, but I'm just now getting into the forums here so excuse my ignorance...

But how much of a deadline to finish / edit-finish your work after reaching you..."

I'm not sure there is a deadline. Joe won the last S&L contest in April and he's still writing. I have wondered if there's a certain point, maybe five years later or something, when you've just lost your chance.

I've given myself the deadline of the end of my campaign to finish.

message 13: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments D'oh! Wish you wouldn't have said that! It means I'll have to actually stick to one of my self-imposed deadlines for a change...

...of course, knowing that people are counting on me to deliver ought to make it easier! (All of this is assuming, of course, I meet the goal)

message 14: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments THANKS, CARA! :)

message 15: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Gerard Berg I contacted Inkshares a few days ago via the hello@inkshares email. It took two days I think, to get back to me. I didn't specifically ask for an extension, I asked about how it works, and what I might need to get one. I also had a couple of other questions about Quill in general. They answered my question, and said they will give extensions on a case by case basis, but she didn't explain further than that. I decided to ask for an extension since I reworked my campaign page and see if I can't get things going again. I did that today, so now I'm just waiting to hear back. I had seen that Byron had gotten the 90 days, so I asked for that assuming it might be the usual (and since I'm just below the halfway point). I still can't decide if this is the right course of action for me, but at the same time, having this out there somewhere, and seeing how far I can get, while I come up with more ideas and what to do next, is better than just quietly disappearing and letting it die in a corner... I've gotten some real nice feedback on my site changes, and I'm hoping with our coming blog, more will be inspired to go take a closer look :)

message 16: by Michael (new)

Michael Sebby | 37 comments Joseph, it sounds like they're pretty lenient on deadlines. There's some relevant chatter here:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 17: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments Thanks, Michael. I haven't checked into this forum for a while to see your reply. That helps alleviate some of the deadline fear. :)

message 18: by Byron (new)

Byron | 64 comments Slightly off-topic, but something I'm curious about for anyone who has spoken with Inkshares - how does Quill work exactly? I noticed there isn't any marketing attached to the sale of your book through the Imprint.

Has Inkshares made any comments on what happens if your book continues to sell copies once its available as an e-book? Is there an option to later give it a more "thorough" editing and full-release based on reception or sales figures?

message 19: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Asphahani | 12 comments Byron wrote: "Is there an option to later give it a more "thorough" editing and full-release based on reception or sales figures? "

I was curious about exactly that as well.

message 20: by Tony (new)

Tony Valdez | 49 comments Byron wrote: "Slightly off-topic, but something I'm curious about for anyone who has spoken with Inkshares - how does Quill work exactly? I noticed there isn't any marketing attached to the sale of your book thr..."

I was curious about this too. If and when I successfully get to Quill publishing, would I just hire my own outside marketing at some point while the book is in preparation for publishing? Does Inkshares have a recommended marketing company they normally work with whom I could simply contact and opt to pay out of pocket for their services?

message 21: by A.C. (new)

Tony wrote: "Byron wrote: "Slightly off-topic, but something I'm curious about for anyone who has spoken with Inkshares - how does Quill work exactly? I noticed there isn't any marketing attached to the sale of..."

LOOK AT TONY NOT GIVING UP
*EYE OF THE TIGER*
YOU ARE GOING TO SUCCEED

EVERYONE BUY ANOTHER COPY OF DAX HARRISON

And anyway, I haven't heard anything about Inkshares recommending a certain company for marketing. I'm sure they'd love it if you lined up your own services.

We should definitely talk about this more - we Quill-level people. Marketing...